New sliding shelves in pantry.

Buckeye

Purchased and installed four custom made sliding shelves in pantry yesterday. Fairly easy installation and wife is a happy camper. Great quality product and customer service from www.shelvesthatslide.com. Before and after pictures attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0672.JPG
    IMG_0672.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_0673.JPG
    IMG_0673.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_0674.JPG
    IMG_0674.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 284

Power247

Nice!!

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Nuclearcowboy

Purchased and installed four custom made sliding shelves in pantry yesterday. Fairly easy installation and wife is a happy camper. Great quality product and customer service from www.shelvesthatslide.com. Before and after pictures attached.
I want to install the same shelves in the pantry of our 3970RD Bighorn - they will be larger than these and I'm wondering if anyone has done this in the larger pantry?

By the way, outstanding job on these shelves!

Great job! Do the shelves latch so they don't bang into the pantry door when on the road? We have two sliding shelves in our North Trail but we have to tie the doors to keep them closed.

Buckeye

No, they don't have latches. I will probably tie the doors to keep them closed. ( everything else is tied down in this "rolling earthquake") :)

No, they don't have latches. I will probably tie the doors to keep them closed. ( everything else is tied down in this "rolling earthquake") :)
I sent them an email about this. Their response: "We find that the self close ball bearing slides work very well for keeping the shelves closed. That is not to say that if you were in an accident etc. that they won’t come out but we helped a gentleman outfit a sail boat / yacht with excellent results. We used to offer an RV slide but these slides actually do a better job staying closed." The ball bearing slides are a $12 option per shelf. Did you get the standard slides?

Buckeye

Yes I got the standard slides. The ball bearing slides reduce the warranty to only five years.

Yes I got the standard slides. The ball bearing slides reduce the warranty to only five years.
Yeah, I saw that. But if they keep them closed, perhaps it's worth it. I don't know that I would warranty a drawer anyway. I'm thinking if I need a latch a standard cabinet latch on the rear of the drawer would work. One of those prong and roller ones. Could shim one side, say the roller, out from the back of the cabinet and mount the prong side on the back of the drawer. Or maybe a magnet latch. That way, us forgetful types don't need to remember it.

- - - Updated - - -

You can use my drawer catch idea they actually are working very well. Tikidawg make some nicer looking ones on his CAD machine at work they came out really nice. He's supposed to send some to Vegas with me.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365?p=486900&viewfull=1#post486900
looks good! Thanks!