New sofa and recliners

campfire7

My wife and I are considering replacing the sofa and replacing our swivel rockers with recliners, The sofa we have is the one that came in the camper when we bought it new. But it has a air mattress and we want to get away from the air mattress, And I am one month away from retirement so we will be spending a lot more time living in the RV. So we want more comfort, we are just wondering what some of you have done in replacing your furniture. We are also concerned about getting the new furniture in the camper, fitting it through the door.

Garypowell

We have gotten our new recliner couch and one chair (just got rid of the other chair to put in desk) from Rooms To Go. Good value and right price.

The chair air we just carried in ourselves couch we had delivered.

you just have to measure if your couch is “trapped” like ours.

And if it sits on a slide you might have to adjust its feet differently. Ours was so different I built an extension onto the slide floor since we were still moving twice a week. But now that we are stationary I just let the front legs sit on the main floor carpet.

MTPockets

Don’t know your floor plan, but when we replaced our sofa and factory recliners, we put two New Lazyboys where the sofa was, and two non-reclining chairs where the original recliners sat. In our case, we didn’t want a sofa, and the new recliners were positioned directly across from the TV.

campfire7

My wife and I are considering replacing the sofa and replacing our swivel rockers with recliners, The sofa we have is the one that came in the camper when we bought it new. But it has a air mattress and we want to get away from the air mattress, And I am one month away from retirement so we will be spending a lot more time living in the RV. So we want more comfort, we are just wondering what some of you have done in replacing your furniture. We are also concerned about getting the new furniture in the camper, fitting it through the door.

We want to keep a sofa, because we need the fold-out bed when the grandkids are with us, we just want a real mattress instead of an air mattress. and my wife likes to lay on the sofa when we watch tv, and the sofa will be setting on the slide, the two recliners will be straight across from the sofa on the opposite wall. our rv is rear kitchen so entrance door is just forward of the axles.

**how did you get the old sofa out and new sofa in the door? ** trying to decide if we need to have the local rv service do this for us, just hoping we could do it ourselves.

Last edited:
- - - Updated - - -

We are full timers, so after living in our BC for a year the factory furniture is shot. We will be replacing two stationary loveseats and the motion loveseat. We are thinking 2 recliners and a loveseat just to allow for some side tables beside the recliners.

Last edited by a moderator:

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders

We have replaced the recliners with “euro” chairs and ottomans which we bought at a local furniture store. They were expensive but worth it. The air mattress hide a bed was replaced with theater seating at the Goshen rally last year. The Lippert guys who brought the new seats disassembled the old hide a bed in only five minutes and carried it out in pieces!! For this reason, don’t think your sofa is trapped in your rig, it was put in after your rig was built.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

campfire7

We want to keep a sofa, because we need the fold-out bed when the grandkids are with us, we just want a real mattress instead of an air mattress. and my wife likes to lay on the sofa when we watch tv, and the sofa will be setting on the slide, the two recliners will be straight across from the sofa on the opposite wall. our rv is rear kitchen so entrance door is just forward of the axles.

**how did you get the old sofa out and new sofa in the door? ** trying to decide if we need to have the local rv service do this for us, just hoping we could do it ourselves.

Okay, We have done some research and think we are leaning to Thomas Payne Heritage Tri fold sofa and the Thomas Payne Heritage pushback recliners. These seem to be the most popular for RV furniture. And we are considering to install them ourselves. I put alot of trust on the replies that have gotten in the past from this form, so iam asking what you think, Do any of you have these pieces in your RV ? How do you like them ? did you install them yourself? the dealer is asking $50.00 a piece to install.

carl.swoyer

Check out best furniture. Ours is about four years old genuine residential leather. Extremely happy with the quality and comfort. Google there website
03d5b3552a6696022076b03d31c0808d.jpg
dc0dac2c52ccf7beeac5dadd35a2f053.jpg
6aa0b051607f9d65ba1374d92f8002e9.jpg
97f147a02406f9aeaf157e91306745c2.jpg
a1941e52e1ad78d602afebe60a81b3c1.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk