New Solar and Inverter Install

skyguy

Thanks for the kudos!

In my 3670RL, the washer hookup is located in the front closet (very front end of the RV) on the passenger side. AS I recall, there was a small access panel on that closet wall. The vent WASN'T behind that access panel (of course), but I could see it located slightly to the rear of the access panel. I also used the window in the master bedroom, again located on the passenger side, as a point to measure FROM. I dropped a weighted string down from the washer vent, over the outside wall, from the roof, (assuming the vent went straight up), and figured out how far forward of the window the vent was located. I also measured how far away from the outside wall the vent was. That told me about where the vent SHOULD be.

Then I took drawers out of our "dresser", and that gave me access to the wall that covered the vent and washer pipes. (Now I am working from inside the bedroom, and inside the dresser, not in the closet.) I felt I could cut out pieces of the wall, and not worry too much about it, since this part of the wall was hidden by the built in dresser. I made sure my initial cuts were a small distance from where the pipes were - I didn't want to cut up the pipes!! Since there is an exposed AC outlet above the left end of the dresser, I made sure to disconnect any AC or battery before I started cutting! I used a jig saw, and cut a small hole, then enlarged that once I knew "where to go"!!

Hope this helps. More questions???

Al

Thanks for that detailed reply. Now I can see a way to get the cabling from the roof down to the battery compartment. My vent is on the street side of the coach, but I'm sure the same technique will work there, too. By the time I install my solar, make my water manifold, and have MORryde install my IS, I'm gonna know my rig inside and out!