New standards in the 2013 Sundance SLT 287RL

Phatmoose

Our dealer let us know that the fifth wheel we ordered was in so we popped over to take a peek before we actually pick it up in a few days. We we surprised to see that the solid countertop is no longer - it's called 'residential' countertop. Also the stainless steel sink is now a plastic one. We were pretty disappointed. That beautiful countertop is one of the selling points for us. We don't really know what to do. Has anyone else have a 2013 XLT and are you happy with the new standards?

J

Jim_Hickey

Thank you for your inquiry. I apologize for any confusion, but we did make this change as of August 2011. The focus of our XLT line is to be light weight and price sensitive. Last summer I chose to make the XLT laminated counter tops with the acrylic sink because of weight and to stay price conscious. Last summer, most products were taking a major price increase due to the cost of the raw goods rising significantly, but I was able to keep the Sundance XLT at the same price point by making that change. I have only had a few complaints about the countertops in the XLT, but am sensitive to that since I don't want any unhappy customers. As we begin preparing for product changes I will definitely look at the solid surface countertops to see if we can possibly add them back into the XLT line. As of right now though, we only offer the laminate countertop. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience.