New to all this

mdamerell

Guess I should say hello. Not really sure how I got to this point but it started with trying to provide a good childhood experience for our grand daughter who lives with us. Both my partner and I grew up camping and enjoyed the experience. Some how I ended up buying a resort membership since "it would be a good experience for the baby" (she's 2) as I was informed followed by a not so successful stay in a cabin. As a truck driver I dislike hotels or anything that feels like a hotel. Next thing I know, I'm looking at trailers and telling a salesman I want this, this and this but I don't want this or that and him replying I have 3 that meet your requirements. That was in September and now I own a 2012 Sundance and a new to me F350 to pull it and my insurance agent kidding me I'm now a fleet owner. Then I needed a new driveway to park the new to me truck on. Does it ever end? Sort of feel like Alice must have felt when she slipped that that hole. In all honesty, I have gained more form the experience than originally thought but this is not as cheap as some would have you believe. Anyway, counting the days till I can de-winterize the trailer and use it again.

jnbhobe

Welcome,Look this forum over real good, its the best you will find, tons of information about RVing. and help with any problem you have. Join the club and and try to get to a few rallys, you'll love it.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Welcome!

There is a lot to learn, but we'll be here if you need us. There is no end to what you have started. There is always maintenance to do, of course there will be mods you want to make just for fun or comfort.

All the while you are taking care of the truck and coach, you are dreaming about where you want to go next. Then you find yourself checking the forum to see where the rallies are going to be so you can hit as many as possible on your way to wherever. Pretty soon, you have a whole new set of friends you made online, and some of those you will meet at rallies. You will wonder how you could make so many good friends, that you actually like and trust, just by talking online.

Eventually you will be calling your new friends to go camping with you and your old friends. Of course you want your old friends to have as much fun as your new friends, so you start serving the Heartland "koolaid" we all seem to consume in large quantities. Sometimes old friends become new Heartland Owners and start serving the "koolaid" themselves!

So, no there is no end to what you have gotten yourself into. Between your coach and the Heartland Experience, there will always be some version of fun/work to do and your grand daughter will always remember the special times you spent with her out camping.

Kristy