New to Forum, New Landmark S.A., New to Fulltiming

Howdy Folks!!!!I looked for an introduction area but couldn't find it, my apologies if this is in the wrong area. We have been researching fulltiming for almost a year and coaches for over six months. We decided on a landmark San Antonio and finally pulled the trigger on a 2012 at a local dealer 2 days ago. There was some kind of devine intervention because we have been shopping all over Texas with prices and dealer BS so wide spread that we were overwhelmed. Our local Heartland dealer called with a great deal on the San Antonio in his lot and we scooped it up. I am glad we have a local dealer and we got it at a price other dealers were saying was thousands below their cost.I was starting to feel like I was swimming in a pond of used car dealers. We feel like we have made a friend in our dealer / salesperson. I dont feel we were lied to, swindled, or taken advantage of. I am very very pleased with the entire deal thus far.
We are both in our late 30's ,our kids are grown (yes we started very very young) Mama is going to retire from running a home daycare for the last 20 years. I have worked for the State since getting out of highschool and although I almost have enough time of service to retire I dont meet the age requirement of 50 so I plan to retire at 50 with 30+years of service. We travel all over the state for work. Since the Kiddos are grown we are going to become more "mobile" so to speak and spend these last 10 or 11 years promoting towards a higher retirement.
I have been lurking around this forum the last week or so and am looking fwd to learning more every day. I like the close family feel of it and also the close knit (so it appears) woven fiber of Heartland owners. I hope someday to be able to contribute but in reality this is all new to me.
Thanks all!!
Nathan (thinks he's the boss)
Lori (Doesn't actually realize she is the CEO)

jimtoo

Hi TexasTraveler,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I think you made the right decision to join the Heartland family. Glad your local dealer was able to take care of you and if you have problems, being local you probably will not have problems getting repairs.

If you do have something that you need help with, mods or anything, the forum is a great place for help.

Also think about attending Heartland rallies and joining the Heartland Owners Club.

Enjoy the forum and your new Landmark.

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Nathan & Lori, Welcome to the Heartland Forum & Family. You're right about this being a close knit forum. I feel it's the best RV forum out there but I guess I'm a bit biased. Be sure to take advantage of our Heartland Owners Club and all that there is to do with our Heartland family. There are several rallies in both north & south TX throughout the year. Check the events tab at the top of the forum. Have fun in the new rig.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Welcome fellow Texan! This is a great forum, a family full of information and fun!

Erika

jbeletti

Nathan and Lori,

What a great story you have. Congrats on your purchase!

By all means, if you're comfortable with it, please share your dealership name and location. Everyone loves a good dealer :)

Not sure if you can swing it, but we have a a great Texas rally this weekend in Houston (Spring). It's worth running up for the weekend to. You'll be able to learn so much about your product there.

In fact, the couple that just bought my San Antonio demo coach will be there.

Happy camping,

Jim

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jim B, It'd be running "down", Lubbock to Spring would be about a 10-12 hour drive. :cool:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new "condo on wheels" and welcome to the forum. What a great story. Can't wait to meet ya'll at a future rally.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Nathan & Lori - Welcome and congratulations on the purchase of your new home! We've been full-timing for almost a year (April 27) and are counting the days until my husband retires from the Army and we can hit the road! You mentioned a close knit family group...and yes that is exactly what the Heartland owners are...a great bunch of people that will embrace you!

jayc

Legendary Member
Nathan and Lori, sorry you missed a great rally last weekend but we will have another one in October in Boerne TX. We'd love to meet you there.

rusty5

Hi Nathan and Lori. We are in the same situation you were in. Just started the research a few weeks ago and have not pulled the trigger just yet. Looked at several units and decided on the 2012 San Antonio model. Visited a half dozen dealers and have not found one....well maybe one below Austin...that we fell good about. Lower $70,000 for starter negotiations. Any recommendations for dealer if rules of this site allow that? This is only my second post so I am a rookie trainee.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. What a busy time we have had since my first post.The Landmark San Antonio super-condo is being detailed and will be delivered to its new home the 14th. Would have been sooner but we are leaving in the morning for San Antonio (pure coincidence) to work for the week. I hope it goes by fast so I can get back. We have lots of work to do getting the new full time rig stocked and moved into. Then the stick and brick house has to have some TLC so it can go on the market. Lori had her retirement party yesterday, I'm jealous because she's only 38 and retired and I still have 11 more years. I have still been finding the answers on this forum to questions I have almost daily. I'm sure there will be more once we get settled. Hope everyone is having a fun and safe time.

Rusty: I'm probably the worst person to ask about this, I will tell you that I found about 20 to 25K off the MSRP is a nice middle ground. Now is a great time to buy a 2012 because the 13's are hitting the dealers. Although they are pretty I didn't feel the need nor could I afford the extra $6-8K for the full body paint. I got an awesome deal on a "half paint" ? I dont know if that term is correct but it's still white and believe it is one step up from "plain" and includes partial paint. I even got 3 little bottles of touch up paint. lol. Best of luck to ya.