New to the RV World - 2013 NT28BRS Storage Compartment Locks & Key Question

Hello,

Any help would be appreciated, new to the RV World and excited to get started. We just purchased a slightly used 2013 North Trail 28BRS Caliber Edition and it came with no keys. After a few calls, found RVlocksandmore website and ordered new front & rear door G keys and the standard CH751 compartment keys. The door keys work (with our codes), the compartment keys did not. Researched the storage latches are "slam" type, anyone know what type of key is used and if a key number exist somewhere on the latches? Also, are all the compartments on the 28BRS keyed the same? Thanks in advance, Mark&Lisa

danemayer

Re: New to the RV World - 2013 NT28BRS Strorage Compartment Locks & Key Question

Hi marklisa13nt28brs,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and congratulations on your "new-to-you" North Trail. I'm guessing this was some kind of unusual sale that didn't come with keys.

You can call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. Have your VIN # ready. If they don't have keys, you may have to contact the door/lock manufacturer. The slam doors may be from Southco and could have a number stamped on the lock in very tiny print. Southco's number is 610-459-4000.

Re: New to the RV World - 2013 NT28BRS Strorage Compartment Locks & Key Question

Dan,

Thanks for the quick feedback and contact information. Yes, it was an unuasual purchase from broker/bank owned propoerty. Mark&Lisa

pegmikef

The slam door locks on my North Trail are in fact Southco and the number on the key is R001 and there is no number visible on the lock itself. The number tells me that there probably aren't a whole lot of different keys out there (unless I got the first one made). I know for the other type (twist style) latches there are very few different keys, so if you lose yours, try your neighbor's