New Tow Vehicle

porthole

Retired
Great choice! That thing is a beast...looks like Ford got this diesel right. (except the small fuel tank in the short beds)

GM has the advantage with tanks this year, the short beds all come equipped with 36 gallon tanks for 2011.

But, even the 37 is a bit small. Won't be doing it right away (not available anyway) but a larger tank will be on the "mod list" next summer.

With my current 52 gallon I found needing to fuel at at the 30-35 gallon range is just about right for stopping. But stopping because I want to, not because I have to get diesel at the next exit!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I don't understand how you fella's do it. Personally my "take is full" long before the Ford's "tank is empty". Honey, can you please pull over!

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
GM has the advantage with tanks this year, the short beds all come equipped with 36 gallon tanks for 2011.

But, even the 37 is a bit small. Won't be doing it right away (not available anyway) but a larger tank will be on the "mod list" next summer.

With my current 52 gallon I found needing to fuel at at the 30-35 gallon range is just about right for stopping. But stopping because I want to, not because I have to get diesel at the next exit!
The 2011 SB Fords only have 26 gal tanks which means you have 21 gallons till the fuel light comes on. I think the long wheel base truck has the 37.5 gal. 'Titan Tanks' now sells a 50 gal midship replacement tank for the 2011 short bed.

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Picked it up last night, just under 8 weeks from order to delivery.

Attachments

• F-350_12-14-10_003_b.jpg
    F-350_12-14-10_003_b.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 25