New wheels! NT 22FBS

jeanp

Finally took delivery of our new 2015 NT 22 FBS. I dont know why they call it a 22, it is closer to a 26 ft trailer (29.5 ft overall length)

I have been looking at trailers for years (window shopping) and visited many RV shows - like many others, I like to look at the various layouts and options. My past experience in camping started in tents, then graduated to an 8 ft tent trailer, then a 13 ft tent trailer. We loved it as a family, but when summer sports kicked in, we sort of stopped trailering and mostly rented cabins.

I purchased a 1/2 ton truck, and the trailer was the next logical step. So why did I settle on the 22FBS?

1. quality is high for a light weight, lots of features
2. storage space. Incredible amount of storage in the bathroom and the galley - I dont know if I can reach the back of the pantry it is so deep.
3. Galley counter space - this was a big hit with mama bear. Short of having an island, this is by far the most counter space I have seen in a trailer
3. jack knife couch - this was a big hit with papa bear! I like the idea of a couch, and the configuration makes it possible without adding too much length. I dont find the dinette benches overly comfortable for long periods.
4. the open floor plan works well for a couple, makes the trailer feel roomy.

I have been creeping these forums since I decided on this trailer and appreciate all of the great threads. They have been very helpful and informative.

This weekend is a shake down camping trip at a local campground before we head out on a 3 week fun adventure!

See you on the road

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats! The NorthTrail is a great trailer. We felt the same way when comparing it to others back in 2008 when we bought ours. Happy Camping!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jv75353

Congratulations on the the new North Trail and welcome to the Heartland family. Enjoy and safe travels.