Newbie and Digitally Challenged/First Question

pegmikef

Dave, I have the Air Lift system with the on board compressor and in cab controller as Jim B. suggested and I am happy with it. I run at 10 psi not towing and 40 to 45 psi towing. I have Air Lift because that's what the place that does all my work installs and Firestone would have had to be ordered. I couldn't tell you if one is better than the other, I just felt more comfortable installing the one they were most familiar with. Mike

Oh yeah, congrats on the Landmark!

SeattleLion

We pull the exact same trailer with a Ford F350 SRW diesel. It is a very comfortable tow. The key to watch is the actual payload your particular truck has. There should be a value on the sticker that comes with the truck (inside driver's door usually). Adding a crew cab, moon roof, and other stuff will reduce the payload. Our 3160 weighs 13,700 at the moment. The wheels carry 11,000 lbs. The hitch carries about 2,500 lbs. We weighed the truck with us and all our stuff in it. It weighed in at 8,500 lbs. The truck has an 11,500 lbs max gross weight. So, if you add the 2,700 lb hitch load we come in at 11,200 lbs. Close.

DaveTyler

Thanks Mike and David for responding. This still all new to me. I have learned that if the cover is not tall enough, do not try it!! Of course you can guess how I know? Another six inches over and I would have missed it. Air conditioner shroud injury. Have band aid fix. Need to clean out barn and the 14 foot door would be enough! On the air bags, I think I will be ordering and then try myself for the install, I did the ones on F150. Never messed with dual wheels, all new to me. Any tips appreciated. I do have room and air compressor to do the job. Wish I was going to the National but will be doing good for Bullard. Be sure to take care of George Speir(Chippendale)keep him out of trouble. Thought he might have been at Waco at the biker bar? Did not see him on TV? George is my Mentor. He sure likes the Heartland bunch!! Also Bob thanks for the info on weighing. Still learning the numbers. Take care and Be safe! Dave