newbie question

mmartin

I do not own any wall mount TVs, so I am relatively uneducated here.

I bought a 262 RB

I need to get the TV out so I can hook something up to the HDMI port

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it out to see those ports, and put in a fire stick.

Felt all around it for latches, tried lifting it off... stopped short of using force.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Lou_and_Bette

Not sure of yours but, my small wall mounted TV in our bedroom has 3 “straps. Two of them are for travel and one, when pulled, releases the tv. I know there are many variations on the mounts so, good luck.

mmartin

Not sure of yours but, my small wall mounted TV in our bedroom has 3 “straps. Two of them are for travel and one, when pulled, releases the tv. I know there are many variations on the mounts so, good luck.

Maybe this is a heartland 262RB question, I do not have mount in bedroom (yet), but I do have the stock one in the main area. So, looked through owners manual nothing. network queries don't reveal anything (can't see mount, is swivels/moves just enough to make me think I am getting somewhere....). I am sure there are docs somewhere, I just can't find them... and probably is some generic mount anyway.

danemayer

A lot of the mounts have screws, sometimes setscrews that must be loosened from the bottom. Helps to have a mirror. Once loose, the bottom of the TV pivots away from the bottom rail of the wall bracket and you can lift the TV off of the upper rail on the wall bracket. See attached drawing.

Attachments

• TV Mount Crimson_F46_TV_Mounting screw.jpg
    TV Mount Crimson_F46_TV_Mounting screw.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 16

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Might be worth giving Heartland Customer Service a call with your VIN. They may have the brand info on the build record for the wall mounting they used. With that, you could do a search for more info.

mmartin

A lot of the mounts have screws, sometimes setscrews that must be loosened from the bottom. Helps to have a mirror. Once loose, the bottom of the TV pivots away from the bottom rail of the wall bracket and you can lift the TV off of the upper rail on the wall bracket. See attached drawing.

Found it, while looking set screws, and feeling around, found strap stuck out of the way (not visible, just felt/found pulled it out.

Gingerly pulled on it, it unlatched and the TV slid forward.

Fit the first type described by Lou_and_Bette, except I do not have the other 2 straps he speaks of (I guess if in a bed room, they would be for securing it for travel), the main room did not have those.

NP_Chief

I use my iPhone camera in "selfie mode" to see all the connections. So far, I have been able to access all the connections without removing the TV.

Lou_and_Bette

Found it, while looking set screws, and feeling around, found strap stuck out of the way (not visible, just felt/found pulled it out.

Gingerly pulled on it, it unlatched and the TV slid forward.

Fit the first type described by Lou_and_Bette, except I do not have the other 2 straps he speaks of (I guess if in a bed room, they would be for securing it for travel), the main room did not have those.

Glad you found it and, FYI, both my TV’s, LR and BR, have a strap near the edges of the screen that are used to snug them down while traveling. Maybe newer models are stouter and don’t need the extra support