Newbie to 5th wheels here, Cyclone suspension lift question

lawdog

Hey,
So i am new to 5th wheels, just bought 2012 Cyclone 3010 being towed with my Stock 2008 F350 4x4 Longbed. The problem that i am experiencing is trying to get the trailer level. I have adjusted the hitch in the bed down and now feel that i am as low as i should go on the bed rails so not to damage them on articulation trips. I have 6 3/4 inches between rails and trailer. I camp 50% in parks and 50% in remote sand dunes, off road.

I find that the trailer seems to tow nicely but is not level, nose high. I was shocked to see that the cyclone did not sit higher, but again my pickup seems bed high for being bone stock.

anyone with experience lifting trailer suspension, I would only want to go 2 inches or less. I am considering a block lift kit i found manufactured for trailers with new u bolts and blocks rated for up to 7000.

any help, suggestions would be appreciated.
Rich

jimtoo

Hi Rich,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of the other Cyclone owners will jump in soon with some information for you.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

I haven't done it myself, but I think others have adjusted the height of the pinbox.

If you want to raise the trailer, one way is to install Mobile Outfitter's Correct Track II. It's designed to help with axle tracking but a by-product is that it raises the coach about 2". (Note that the Correct Track that is factory installed doesn't raise the coach.)
Here's a link.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Rich,

Have you determined how much higher it is when being towed? Level the trailer unhooked at the front corner of the lower frame ( by the front landing gear) and then again when hooked up. I know that my 3010 is just 1/2 inch higher when hooked up with 15 lb of air in the airbags on the truck. But I am towing with a Chevy 2500 and the bed sits lower than that of a stock Dodge or Ford. If it is just a few inches I'd go with the pin box adjustment. if it is more then you will need to adjust the height of the trailer @ the axles

scottyb

If your truck is stock and your pinbox has not been adjusted to a higher position, I wouldn't sacrifice bed clearance in lieu of a little nose high. There are many people here towing with your same combination.

lawdog

thank you all for the replies,

I cant figure out how to post a pic i have of my truck trailer combo which shows it hooked up on level ground. as far as my pin box, i still have 1 in i can lower trailer but dont want to compromise bedrail to trailer distance which is roughly 6 3/4 inch now.

i just checked out the mobile outfitters correct track II with 2 inch lift kit and that may work perfectly. I personally did not want to go over 1.5 inch but 2 would be more realistically close to making combo level.

Anyone here have feedback on this system and how it holds up, any problem with the flex that could be caused by the added height and is it as easy to install as they claim.

Also anyone use lift blocks between springs and axles for lift, and feedback on pro and cons.

thanks in advance,