Newport towing

jbay

I am looking at purchasing a new landmark newport and was wondering how they tow and back into camp spots. I have a 2014 GMC 3500 drw Denali to match up to it. I was wondering if everyone was getting them with Disk Brakes. Also was curious about

Actual weight dry
Actual weight loaded
Actual pin wieght

I want to make sure I have enough cargo capacity
last question I have is how does everyone feel about the room in the kitchen area with the half bath taking up some kitchen space

Thanks for your help

Jbay

jimtoo

Hi jbay,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

The truck should be good for you. The actual dry weight will be posted on the door frame of the unit. It is weighed as it goes out the door of the assembly plant. The only way you will find the other weights your asking about is to buy the unit, take it home and load it up to go camping, go to scales and weigh it. Everyone is different in what and how they load to go camping.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you in a Landmark at a rally.

Jim M

RRT

Hello Jbay,

I was also interested in the loaded weight of a Newport. During a rally a Newport owner shared his loaded weight:
17550# with a 3950# pin weight.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
What RRT said is about correct. How and how much you load will make the difference. Your pin weight will be close to 20% of the total weight of the trailer loaded for travel. I would use as a rule of thumb....4K pin weight. The only concern is keeping the trailer under the GVW which I believe is 18K #.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We added disc brakes to our Key West. Mark says he won't have another trailer this size without them.

Kristy

Bryced15

Our Newport weighed in at 17,940lbs on the scales with a pin weight of 3720lbs. We are full time, and we also have Mor/Ryde IS installed. No generator at this time either.