nights below freezing, am I safe?

steveh

I have a 2011 Greystone 29MK. Am going to Quartzsite with a 2 day layover in Yosemite. Low temps in Yosemite are in high 20's. Are my water lines safe from freezing and cracking??

Steve

wdk450

Steve:
I recently asked pretty much the same question - Here is the thread:
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/28254

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
As long as you're living in the trailer while the temps drop, you should be fine. Last winter when we went east, was 10 degrees in Reno and 17 in Elkhart. No problems at all. Just make sure you use your furnace to heat with, not just electric heaters. You will, however, blow through prodigious amounts of propane...LOL
Have a great trip!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
http://www.pexuniverse.com/how-prevent-water-freezing-inside-pex-pipes

This info about Pex tubing might be helpful. I think you'd be more inclined to have freezing problems at an elbow that retains water. If you run the furnace, your underbelly will get some warmth. We noted that when we ran the furnace in the daytime with temps in the mid to upper 30s, the belly temps would run in the 40s. At night with temps in the teens and single digits, the belly temps were in the mid 30s (furnace ran more continuously, too). If you can, access your underbelly and add a wireless thermostat/remote sensor. Helps with peace of mind.

P.S. we put a shop light with a 100 watt blub in the opening that leads to behind the basement wall and behind the UDC. This area may not be adequately heated by your furnace, and is susceptible to freezing, too.