No 12v power

sntbrooks

Ok, so my wife and I brought our new BH home yesterday. It's a 2016 3760EL. It has 2 12v batteries. The coach has no power until it's plugged into shore power. The meter shows the batteries are fully charged, and the battery switch above the batteries is in the on position. I can't find anything in the owners manual the would indicate another shut off switch. The dealer never called me back yesterday, and are not open today. ???????......Thank you

danemayer

Hi sntbrooks,

If you have 2 batteries, it's probably because you have a residential refrigerator. That being the case, you likely have 2 battery switches above the batteries. Both need to be ON.

Battery Cutoff Switches.jpg

The meter in the control panel is showing the output of the batteries and/or the Power Converter (if plugged into shore power). I would expect if you turn off shore power, either outside, or at your main breaker panel inside, the meter will show no power.

There is a row of 12V DC mini-circuit breakers near the batteries. One breaker sits in between the batteries and the fuse box/Power Converter. If that breaker has tripped, you won't get any power to the fuse box when disconnected from shore power. The breakers are usually covered by a red rubber boot, and when uncovered, look something like this:
Buss Bar boot off Notated.jpg

The breaker with thick wires on both sides is the one that you're looking for. There's a teeny-tiny reset button on the end with the battery connection. Find that reset button and you will probably solve the problem.
circuit breaker reset.jpg

Just discovered my 3 week old Bighorn 3270 RS had no 12v power. I tracked it down to the 50 amp breaker and pushed the reset button. I now have power, but am concerned as to why it tripped in the first place. Thinking about carrying a spare breaker in case this is just a bad one. Any idea where to get one and how much $$$$.

danemayer

You can often find breakers at Auto or Marine Parts Stores or at RV dealer parts departments. Make sure to get a manual reset breaker with the same form factor as your original. I notice that Walmart.com has one. There's a little conflicting info on the page, but the part # seems to be the tie breaker.

mlpeloquin

Just discovered my 3 week old Bighorn 3270 RS had no 12v power. I tracked it down to the 50 amp breaker and pushed the reset button. I now have power, but am concerned as to why it tripped in the first place. Thinking about carrying a spare breaker in case this is just a bad one. Any idea where to get one and how much $$$$.

If you unplug the AC without turning off the breaker first, it can cause the DC 50 Amp breaker to trip. I did this fie or six times when I forst got the fifth wheel and the breaker tripped three times when mine was new. All this was new to me at the time. Trip 50 amp AC breaker off then unplug. I have not had the DC breaker trip since. This is one cause of it tripping. Anyone else have the breaker trip with a different cause?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Mine did it once for no particular reason. We were dry camping and using the Gen at the time so who knows. once in 1 year is not to bad. I still carry spare 50amp and 30amp breakers as well as a pack fuse's. And a whole bunch of other stuff.

mrudick66

I purchased two 50 amp mini breakers at a Boating and Sporting Goods store. They had them in stock and much
less in price for the same breaker sold at your RV stores.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk