no coffee and fireplace at the same time.

chief190

We received our 3585rl in november after special ordering the unit. To our suprise the fireplace was not installed at this factory. Apparently there was a mistake when ordering and they missed the option. The dealer made it right and installed a fireplace and it turned out very nice looks great. Now after using trailer a few times since fireplace instalation in January. We have found that if fireplace is on and we plug in coffee pot to plug under cabinet to the right of stove the circuit breaker trips. It seems that it is a logical place for coffee pot to me. I think the fireplace should have been on its own circuit. Has anybody else had this problem.:mad:

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I think the dealer needs to run another circuit to the Fireplace. Should not be to hard.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
It does sound like it should have a dedicated circuit. We run our fireplace and coffee at the same time with no issues. The intall was factory.

Rickhansen

Our factory installed fireplace in our 3670 is on a dedicated 15 amp circuit. Your dealer should have known better. The kitchen / bathroom GFCI circuit is the most used and most overloaded circuit in RV's, generally.

bobber

Our fireplace was installed at factory and is also on its own circuit. The dealer should run the wire for you.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We have a 2011, 3585RL and as the others have said it is on its own circuit.
There should be no problem for your dealer installing a new circuit.

Peace
Dave

bill40

We received our 3585rl in november after special ordering the unit. To our suprise the fireplace was not installed at this factory. Apparently there was a mistake when ordering and they missed the option. The dealer made it right and installed a fireplace and it turned out very nice looks great. Now after using trailer a few times since fireplace instalation in January. We have found that if fireplace is on and we plug in coffee pot to plug under cabinet to the right of stove the circuit breaker trips. It seems that it is a logical place for coffee pot to me. I think the fireplace should have been on its own circuit. Has anybody else had this problem.:mad:

We had that problem with our BC ,I think any plug in a kitchen area should be on a 20 amp line. Maybe even the fireplace. On ours the only 20 amp is by the sink.

chief190

Thanks for the input I will push the issue with the dealer and have them install a dedicated circuit for the fireplace.