No hot water when using ele. It does work when i turn on the propane. Its a Mallard M33 2018 model

B_1962

No hot water when using ele. It works when I have the propane on. Ele switch is lighting up on panel. Its a Mallard M33 model 2018

danemayer

Hi B_1962,

If you have a Suburban water heater, I'd suggest you look at our owner-written Water Heater Troubleshooting Guide.

Also, with Suburban units, there's a secondary switch under the outside cover - lower left-hand corner. If the dealer didn't turn it on, electric operation is inhibited.

And, if the electric side was operation and turned on with no water in the tank, the element would have very quickly burned out and would need to be replaced.

I've deleted your other post as redundant and duplicate posting is not allowed.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
And also check the Hi-Limit Thermostat switch under the rubber cover on the face of the water heater. There are two, side by side. One for 12V operation and the other for 120V. It may have opened or just got defective. It happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B_1962

Hi B_1962,

If you have a Suburban water heater, I'd suggest you look at our owner-written Water Heater Troubleshooting Guide.

Also, with Suburban units, there's a secondary switch under the outside cover - lower left-hand corner. If the dealer didn't turn it on, electric operation is inhibited.

And, if the electric side was operation and turned on with no water in the tank, the element would have very quickly burned out and would need to be replaced.

I've deleted your other post as redundant and duplicate posting is not allowed.

Okay thank you... I have a Atwood water heater model GC6AA-10E

B_1962

And also check the Hi-Limit Thermostat switch under the rubber cover on the face of the water heater. There are two, side by side. One for 12V operation and the other for 120V. It may have opened or just got defective. It happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this on a Atwood model GC6AA-10E

danemayer

Atwood units don't have a secondary switch. The overtemp and thermostat are shared by propane and electric. The electric element is more difficult to burn out.

I'd guess you have a problem in the junction box on the inside front of the water heater. If that looks ok, it could be the control board on the water heater.

RossRagan

When I picked up my travel trailer from the dealer where I bought it, the tech told me that he had turned off the circuit breaker dedicated to the electric heating element to insure that someone did not unknowingly turn on the electric element while the water heater tank was empty. By the time I took it out for my first camping outing, I had forgot that notice and ended up running on propane to heat my water for two days before I got around to looking at the circuit breaker panel to find the circuit breaker turned off. I now make it a point to turn it off after each camping outing...just in case...