NO LIGHTS ON REAR SIDE 3455RL (Bighorn)

I've tried various things to see if there was a way that i could have lights in 1) MBR: bed reading lights, 2) rear light basement, 3) tool & storage area, and 4) hitch light (exterior). Obviously on same line - is there a reset or a fuse that would control these lights and where do I find it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated- RHG

danemayer

Hi IAMAHAPPYCAMPER,

If you mean that all of those lights are not working, start in the fusebox to see if there's a blown fuse. The fusebox is usually close to the floor, not far from the entry door.

Hi IAMAHAPPYCAMPER,

If you mean that all of those lights are not working, start in the fusebox to see if there's a blown fuse. The fusebox is usually close to the floor, not far from the entry door.

I've checked all fuses, all breakers - nothing there - checked at the battery and found one reset button but it hadn't popped.

jimtoo

Look under your bed for a junction box. Chances are there is a junction box with a loose wire.

Jim M

Lights out 1 side

I've a 3455rl - reading lights in bedroom, rear side of storage (basement), the other works fine, tool section and hitch light not working. Have tested ALL fuses - ok, have looked under bed for any connection boxes - none.Have tested all bulbs-ok. Would appreciate any idea how to find WHAT and HOW to repair.

danemayer

Hi IAMAHAPPYCAMPER,

I've merged this with your prior thread from May. As Jim suggested, check under the bed for a junction box.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
My dad just had that on his Bighorn and it turned out to be a fuse on his Chevrolet 3500 which has a face to control each side of the tow plug on the truck. Not sure if you are having the same problem, but its an easy place to check.

Rod Ditrich

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I can't imagine a fuse in the truck causing this problem. The battery in his Horn runs the lights...not the truck. When the truck is unplugged from the Horn.....then what would it have to do with the truck? The only way this could happen is if the truck is not charging the trailer battery and the battery is DEAD and the invertor is not charging the battery when hooked to shore power. At that point nothing that runs on 12V would work. He has a loose or broken wire somewhere in a junction box in a slide or along the frame. Rod, sounds like the truck was not charging the battery but, will have no effect on the trailer when plugged into shore power.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
My bad, I misread the original post or posted this to the wrong thread. I was thinking it was one side of his trailer exterior lights such as turn signals and running lights. Sorry for the confusion.

Rod Ditrich

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4 Beta