No lower bathroom cabinet in North Trail 29bhp

Hi. I just bought the new 2021 North Trail 29bhp. I love it. However, there is no lower cabinet in the bathroom. There’s definitely space in the cabinet under the sink in the bathroom. There’s just not a cabinet opening or door to access the unused space. I’d like to cut out the front of the cabinet and add a door to match the cabinets for the rest of the trailer. I would bet that higher models than mine probably have a door there. How do I order a cabinet door? Anyone know? I appreciate your help!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You could try calling Heartland Customer Service and ask about getting a door. However I don't think they stock cabinet doors. But maybe.
If you call be sure to have the last eight digits of your VIN handy.
574-262-8030
You might be able to get a door at a big box building center such as Home Depot and get a matching stain.
Good luck. And don't forget to join the Heartland Owners Club. It's free. Check the link in my signature.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

When each trailer is designed, Heartland makes templates for each cabinet door. Cabinet doors are built from those templates on an as needed basis. Your best bet would be if there's a suitable cabinet door elsewhere in your North Trail, you could order that from Heartland Parts Dep't and they would have a template to work from. They only need an existing template to go from and they don't worry about how you use the door.

The door likely comes without hinges, mounting inserts, or a knob. You could order those with the door, or get them locally. Plan on at least 6 week turnaround time on an order.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Are you sure there isn’t something in the enclosed space that would obstruct using it? On the other hand, it’s not overly difficult to make a raised panel or flat panel door, if you have the tools. A cabinet shop could do it to your specifications if you can’t DIY. Getting it from HL, the shipping will probably exceed the cost of the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you sure there isn’t something in the enclosed space that would obstruct using it? On the other hand, it’s not overly difficult to make a raised panel or flat panel door, if you have the tools. A cabinet shop could do it to your specifications if you can’t DIY. Getting it from HL, the shipping will probably exceed the cost of the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s definitely stuff under the sink. The outside shower components are there but there’s still plenty of space for a small bathroom garbage can and even an elevated rack type shelf for some small stuff. I just hate wasted space when there’s very little space to begin with. They did the same thing under the kitchen cabinets but that was much easier to fix. The outside pass through is enormous on one side and tiny on the other side making the small side unusable. Honestly North Trail gets a D- on their use of space grade in comparison to Jayco or Grand Design for example who makes a special point to use every nook and cranny of available space. It’s my one and only complaint with my trailer. I’ll fix it though!