No RV Power available

We will be a location where there isn't any RV power. I was wondering if I could run a 120Vac cord and put an automotive battery charger on my battery, to keep it hot? I have a self-regulating battery charger that will not over charge. I'm looking at running a few lights (LED bulbs), central heat (Fired on Propane) and a 12 inch tabletop fan. My water heater can use propane.
Any problems/suggestions?
Thanks!!!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a little confused here. If there is no power available where are you going to get power to run a battery charger?
If you mean that there is no 30 or 50 amp receptacle why not just get a dogbone adapter, 20 amp to 30 or 50 amp, and let the onboard converter take care of the battery.

Peace
Dave

I'm a little confused here. If there is no power available where are you going to get power to run a battery charger?
If you mean that there is no 30 or 50 amp receptacle why not just get a dogbone adapter, 20 amp to 30 or 50 amp, and let the onboard converter take care of the battery.

Peace
Dave
There are no RV outlets. I'm "Homestead Electrical" knowledgeable, but not sure have my 3595re is wired...
I have a dogbone from 50 to 30, but don't know what I would need on down from there...

Peace
Dave
Dave,

I've got a cousin bringing me a 20A to 30A "dogbone" adaptor. I can power everything I need this way.
Thank you for answering. You Sir have helped me several times and I am in your debt.
I hope to get to meet you some day.

Cannondragger

TrailCreek

How many 120 v circuts can you access? Not just plugs, but maybe two outlets on two different breakers?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Plenty of adapters to choose from HERE.

Peace
Dave
Thanks!

But the problem is that I was told that there was 30A service at this location. We are heading there in a couple hours. I just found out there is no 30A service. So, shipping time wouldn't work for today...
I guess I need to research more on a site, earlier.

Cannondragger

How many 120 v circuts can you access? Not just plugs, but maybe two outlets on two different breakers?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I would be pulling but about 12-14 amps, so one circuit should be fine.

I have a cousin bringing me an adaptor that should solve my problem.

Thanks a lot.

TrailCreek

Be sure to do a voltage drop, based on amps, length, and wire size. You can low volt and mess up your charger or inverter, If you are drawing on a 15 amp circuit, 50' using a 14/3 extension cord, it could get pretty hot.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

This might help you determine what wire gage to use based on the distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk