No - the Cyclone line is NOT being discontinued

ricatic

Re: Is the Cyclone line being discontinued?

My wife and I certainly can attest to the overall purchase experience at Lakeshore RV. These folks have their priorities straight - customer service #1.

We purchased our 2012 3800 there 2 weeks ago and it was such a pleasure doing business with them.
In my opinion word will spread quickly enough about dealerships that use the wrong tactics to relieve us of our hard earned money! And of course those places that respect buyers and understand the buying process from a consumers standpoint will rise to the top.

Lakeshore RV, Gillette Interstate RV, National RV and Terrytown RV are all owned by the same bunch. Earlier I posted that I had bought from Gillette. My buying experience there was excellent.

I will not bother to press the issue at General RV. I am certain that anything they have to sell me in the future can be bought from the previously mentioned group with better pricing and none of the GRV nonsense.

71stang99

Interesting subject, to bad as our Cyclone is growing on me, it really is hers, lololol
Let me help you with your Towing Question, Ford does have a link for Towing Rating's and the long and short of it is "NO" if you follow Ford's guide lines, with 3.31/3.55 Gears your Tow Rating is 15,7K 4X4 and 16K 2X2, your 40' Trailer will have a GVW around 18K, where as my 2011 F350 DRW SC LB is rated for 21,800, I ordered this truck with intentions of Towing a BIG load as well as in Bed Pay-Load, the only area I agree with your salesperson is regards to the previous Ford Fiasco of a diesel motor, I traded my 09 6.0 for the 2011 and wow, much improved, there is no question the 7.3 is a good motor for the day but it's days were done for numerous reasons, emmisions being one and freaking loud the other, lol.
I would not be surprised to see Heartland make changes to the product line, Thor is a BIG company and you can be assured they are reviewing the best way to maximize their product lines and minimize duplicates in the product offerings, How many Toy Hauler's does one company need to offer.

Good Luck

Moe in NH

09 has the 6.4, 6.0 stopped in 07. 6.0 also had (s) several issues depending on the source of information. My 09 F350 SRW 4x4 does pretty good with the 300c but did have struggles going I-70W out of Denver, but again I would think most trucks would. Only real issue is the brakes but I think that is trailer related and not the built in controller on the Ford.

Tool958

My wife and I certainly can attest to the overall purchase experience at Lakeshore RV. These folks have their priorities straight - customer service #1.

We purchased our 2012 3800 there 2 weeks ago and it was such a pleasure doing business with them.
In my opinion word will spread quickly enough about dealerships that use the wrong tactics to relieve us of our hard earned money! And of course those places that respect buyers and understand the buying process from a consumers standpoint will rise to the top.
We must have been at Lakeshore RV about the same same time as you were. We have to agree with your experience when we bought our Cyclone at Lakeshore RV. They treated us very good and gave us a camping spot, as we drove about 8 hrs. just to get there. They took the time to walk us through everything and made sure if we had any questions or concerns they were answered before we left.
There happened to be a Heartland company rep there while we were waiting on our trailer. I told him about all of the toyhaulers we had looked at and it came down to being between the Road Warrior and the Cyclone. We decided that the extra few amenities and features we wanted were in the Cyclone 3010. He told us that for whatever the reason, the Road Warriors were not selling as well as the Cyclones were.