Noisy as a freight train!

rxbristol

Can you watch television over the AC noise without waking the DW?

Our bedroom AC is so loud that I'm concerned we can't hear the propane or living room smoke detectors. It really is that loud!

My wife can sleep through most noise, but starlight will wake her. I'm the opposite--can sleep in the mid-day sun, but an ant walking around will wake me (I think this is caused by years of military service). Is there noise, yes, but compared to three other RV's, this one is the quietest especially compared to a direct vent from the AC.

Last edited:

IronJ

Can you watch television over the AC noise without waking the DW?

Our bedroom AC is so loud that I'm concerned we can't hear the propane or living room smoke detectors. It really is that loud!
I couldn't hear my tv with the ac on....and even then the sound was miserable at best. ....so I now have a sound bar on my dresser under the tv and a wireless subwoofer in the closet with the washer/dryer hookups. .it can get REAL loud....however if my wife wants to sleep and I wanna lay there and peruse dish networks offerings I Don a pair of wireless headphones. ....

Also, my ac is not necessarily loud from vibrations it's the sheer volume of air it pushes out of the vents...so it's more air turbulence noise...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

TxCowboy

<snip> Also, my ac is not necessarily loud from vibrations it's the sheer volume of air it pushes out of the vents...so it's more air turbulence noise...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's what we're encountering. The AC is working properly -- it's the air flow through the air distro box that is creating the noise.