Norcold 2118 Water on bottom of fridge

twolanesoffreedom

TwoLanesOfFreedom
Our 2118 model has been pooling water on the bottom. We've done the recommended air leak tests. There seems to be a gap between the tray along the back and the wall, so when the cooling fans melt I think this is were the moisture is coming from. I read on another forum that Norcold has a condensation kit to address this #637962. Has anyone installed this or have any other recommendations for a remedy?

Thanks!

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Did you check the drain hose? The end laying in the evaporation tray in the outside compartment will gunk up and not drain into said tray. This in turn fills the inside collection tray which overflows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twolanesoffreedom

TwoLanesOfFreedom
Did you check the drain hose? The end laying in the evaporation tray in the outside compartment will gunk up and not drain into said tray. This in turn fills the inside collection tray which overflows

Thanks for the suggestion. I have checked it and the hose is clear.

Mrsfish

I also had water buildup on the bottom of my norcold a while back. It was caused by the tray under the fins being not attached to the draining hose. So the water never made it to the draining hose, just fell out of the hole into the fridge itself

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Check this. There is a piece of vinyl glued behind the collection tray that may have come loose allowing water to seep behind it
I reattached mine with some clear gorilla tape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twolanesoffreedom

TwoLanesOfFreedom
Check this. There is a piece of vinyl glued behind the collection tray that may have come loose allowing water to seep behind itI reattached mine with some clear gorilla tape
I think this is the culprit. The vinyl behind the collection tray is pulled away from the back. Will try the gorilla tape. Thank you!