Norcold 2118SS Not Cold Enough

ksucats

I have seen the fans mounted both top or bottom of the flue - the important thing is that the fan must be pulling or pushing (as appropriate) the air up the flue since heat naturally rises. I added a five inch 'computer fan' to the top on my old coach where the refrigerator was in the slide (top vent venting to the side) and it helped tremendously.

All this said, be sure that insulation or other materials have not fallen in such a way as to block the air flow. On mine a bunch of insulation had fallen and created a partial blockage.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Well, today I was washing the rig getting ready for a shakedown trip to Anacortes before we leave for Arizona and the Norcold 2118 went ito error L1 OP, which is an over temp condition. The recall box as it was called on olded units/switch of over heating protection had the red light on. Manual says not user service issue. Reading on the web I found that the recall box can be reset with a magnet held near the red LED light. Has been running for an couple hours now. I think I got water stray in the lower access cover. I was dirty, in the future I will remove it to clean it. Fingers crossed. This trailer is going to get a residential refer, however the timing was just bad right now. Chris

Exactly. Had the same fault after a sideways frog strangling rain storm.
Magnet reset, good ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk