Norcold refrigerator 1210 not cooling

carl.swoyer

Hi trholtus! If your freezer is staying frozen but your refrigerator is warm your cooling system is in failure. When the refrigerator kicks on it goes to the freezer first that why your freezer is " good" . Then it goes to cool down the fridge but it has already expired its efficiency and therefore the refrigerator is warm.

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-205000 miles !

Last edited:

carl.swoyer

Just spoke my brother in law. His company is in the works of making aftermarket replacements for the norcold it would be stainless steel and he said it would carry a five year warranty Monday I will go by where he works and speak to the owner as I'm very interested in this idea especially being stainless steel he also makes AC Refrigeration for boats and other items like deep freezers so this is a new line to him but not the manufacturing process he did say that this would not be the ammonia style but it would be the regular Refrigeration style cooling system and it would be a plug-and-play you pull the norcold failing unit off and replace it with the new aftermarket stainless steel unit

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-205000 miles !

avvidclif

Then it would require 120v AC to operate? If so probably cheaper to just change out the entire fridge for a residential.

carl.swoyer

110 ac /12volts DC . hopefully I can get a better idea of what he's doing on Monday

carl.swoyer

Yes the owner is making arrangements to fabricate an aftermarket cooling unit for the norcold

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

DenaliHD

What I've been told is that heat behind the Frig. is the enemy. Make the sure the two fans on the backside and need the top are both running. They can be seen by removing the top inspection door on the outside of the RV and behind the Frig. I've found that if the sun is beating on the side of the RV that my Frig. is on then mine will start to heat up. If in the shade or over night then the temp is ok. I think they need bigger fans or another way to get the heat out.

carl.swoyer

It's not the outside weather. It is the high quality norcold cooling unit going into failure. Once that starts you are destined for a replacement cooling system. I'm in a service bay getting mine done and a allegro bus next to me has his being replaced.

carl.swoyer

Just replaced the Norcold cooling system with a norcold. But I'm sending the old cooling unit to Fort Myers Florida a company there is going to manufacturer a stainless steel option that runs on DC and 120 without the propane. it would be a serviceable unit running @7amps with r- 134 . It will also have a 5 year warranty. This company makes and manufactures Refrigeration units for the Boating industry as well as the fire department's air conditioning Refrigeration coolers things like that

danemayer

Just replaced the Norcold cooling system with a norcold. But I'm sending the old cooling unit to Fort Myers Florida a company there is going to manufacturer a stainless steel option that runs on DC and 120 without the propane. it would be a serviceable unit running @7amps with r- 134 . It will also have a 5 year warranty. This company makes and manufactures Refrigeration units for the Boating industry as well as the fire department's air conditioning Refrigeration coolers things like that

I assume the 7 amps would be when running on 120V AC. If that's right, on 12V DC operation that would be 70 amps. I think that's somewhat more than the residential units draw. But I suppose if you have enough batteries, and solar, and generator, it'll all work.

lynndiwagoner

It's funny how many norcold fridge problems pop up during hot weather. I'm sick and tired of messing with it. Samsung RF18 will be here early next week, got inverter installed yesterday and old norcold out of the hole. Can't wait.

sjandbj

It's funny how many norcold fridge problems pop up during hot weather. I'm sick and tired of messing with it. Samsung RF18 will be here early next week, got inverter installed yesterday and old norcold out of the hole. Can't wait.

I agree. I pulled the Norcold out and the Whirlpool has been purring like a kitten even in Las Vegas's 115 degree weather. All I have left to do is run the water line.

lynndiwagoner

Sounds great. I'm thinking about that water line also. I guess I'll wait until I get the new fridge in and working. One step at a time.

carl.swoyer

So I had my cooling unit changed out from Lazydays Rv. So far my hot dogs , sausage and ice cream are not frozen. they have been in their 3 days. So pretty much the new cooling unit failed right out of the box. I also saw a heartland factory Rep at the Tampa Rv show yesterday and he informed me that heartland stopped using Norcold two years ago. Yeah. So now I got to go back to Lazydays and get my new cooling system addressed. Going to try to get a residential.

danemayer

Or the cooling unit is not the problem.

But if no one can fix it correctly, residential may be the best answer.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Dane what do you mean the cooling unit is not the problem?. Is there anything I'm missing ? The cooling system is to freeze in the freezer and cool in the refrigerator. If my frig is on 9 and the ice cream won't freeze and the fridge is in the fifties. What do you suggest.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
So I had my cooling unit changed out from Lazydays Rv. So far my hot dogs , sausage and ice cream are not frozen. they have been in their 3 days. So pretty much the new cooling unit failed right out of the box. I also saw a heartland factory Rep at the Tampa Rv show yesterday and he informed me that heartland stopped using Norcold two years ago. Yeah. So now I got to go back to Lazydays and get my new cooling system addressed. Going to try to get a residential.

Stopped using Norcold? Did he mean in Landmarks?

They still use Norcold in other brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Up date new cooling change out is finally working correctly. The tech made a mistake put a vent cap on the vent, not required. Twisted the ice maker water feed line 360 degrees stopped the water Flo enough so we had hollow ice cubes. And he attached the thermistor to the wrong fin norcold required the second fin from the right. So removed the vent cap, fixed the water line and the thermistor and it works.