NORCOLD Troubles

RobP

Ok, I need some advice here.
We returned to our rig on Sunday after being in Missouri for Christmas to find our Frig stopped working and all our food was ruined. I checked everything I knew to check, read the manual, checked this forum to no avail. So I called Heartland and they said to go ahead with an Rv Repair man. Made the call he came out, he couldn't find anything wrong with it other than it not cooling. No codes no nothing. His words....... "This thing is doing what it's suppose to be doing. The only thing it could be is the cooling unit."
So he had me throw it into "wide open mode" (un hooked the switch inside) ran it 8 hours with no results. Well actually it got warmer inside. Switched it to propane for a few hours, same result.
By this point I'm agrevated so I just shut it off and leave it for a few hours. Decided to turn it back on and what do you know it's working again????

What is going on?? Anybody had this happen?? What do I need to do??

Thanks

danemayer

Here's a link to an old thread where the frig stopped working. In that case it threw an error code. Perhaps you have a similar problem.

Wondered if you got any where on this? I have a Norcold 1210 that is doing the same thing. Thermister (spelling) has been replaced and still same thing. Works for a while then is does not for a long while. Very frustrating. Also not throwing any error codes.

RobP

Update on Frig. As soon as it started working again it quit. Sooo Had to go through a series of tests before Norcold would send a cooling unit. Had to run 2 days with the thermistor unhooked on electric and two days of the same on propane. Got nothing on either one. Everything works fine it just doesn't cool.....at all. No codes either. Now I'm waiting till tomorrow to see how quick it will be before I get a new cooling unit.