North Trail Maintenance Schedule

LeviDada

I am a new owner of a Northtrail 27BHDS. I prefer to keep my trailer out of the shop as much as possible and I am wondering if there is a maintenance schedule available. Basically kind of a cheat sheet as to when and how often to perform certain upkeep tasks to keep the rig in tip top shape such as, when to grease, ow how to keep the awning in good working order, or the slides etc. Things that can be done with minimal elbow grease at home.

danemayer

Hi LeviDada,

Congratulations on your new Northtrail and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Your trailer manual has a maintenance schedule that describe what needs to be done and when. If you don't have a manual, you can download one from the HeartlandRVs.com website at this link.

We also have a large collection of manufacturer manuals here on the forum, which you can get to from the TOOLS link at top of page. Click on TOOLS/HOM - Heartland Owners Manuals. We also have a number of owner-written user guides that you may find helpful. TOOLS/HUG - Heartland User Guides.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The 2 most important things are....

Check all the caulking 2-3 times a year are repair as needed. That means you need to get on the roof.

Watch the tires for anything that looks strange....bubbles, odd wear pattern's. Keep them at the high inflation setting.

mbopp

Avoid silicone caulk on the roof. The preferred caulk is Dicor self-levelling lap sealant for horizontal surfaces and Pro Flex for vertical runs.
The brake drums should be pulled, the brakes inspected, and wheel bearings re-packed annually.
I use 303 protectant on the rubber slide seals.
Tire pressure should be checked before every trip. I run mine at the max recommended pressure (50 lbs.)
I sanitize the water system at the start of camping season.

LeviDada

Thanks you all for the feedback. I do have a manual, I guess I just haven't looked hard enough yet! I will also check out those other link. The user written manuals sound really interesting!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Have you given a thought's about joining the Owner club. With a new coach you get 1 year free. Click on the "owners club" on the top of the portal page.

BTW, Huntington Beach is not far from Temecula and our Socal rally on OCT. 30th and 31st. All the info is in the events column under "Temecula".

Set you a PM also.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Find a reputable RV repair shop (most likely NOT your dealership) and make them your best friends.

They will then advise you when you really need to have checks or make recommended maintainence.

Generally your dealership will not care about you once you pull off of their lot the day you buy your new RV.

(It has been three weeks since I submitted a list of warranty issues to be addressed to my dealer . . . have not heard a word from them yet if these repairs have been authorized by Heartland).