Not A Happy Customer - CY Front Cap Oxidizing

jwalker1

Well I just received a response from Customer Service and they are only willing to pay half for the re-paint of my front cap on my 2011 Cyclone 3950 HD. It seems the vendor who did the initial paint job had some bad clear coat or something and the top 1/4 of my cap is oxidized real bad. I understand the unit is 2 years old but if it's not my doing it shouldn't cost me anything. I accepted the half but I am really not happy about it. You know everytime we go down the highway or into an RV Park we are advertizing these units for Heartland. I always tell folks that this is the best toy hauler on the market. I still believe that but I am really not happy at how much I paid for something and it looks like it's 10 years old already. Enough ranting. I still believe in this product and hopefully when I get it back from the RV Repair it will look like it's supposed to.

:(:(:(

rick_debbie_gallant

Re: Not A Happy Customer

Let me see if I understand this correct: You bought a brand new Cyclone two years ago and expected it to be put together correctly and painted correctly with the good paint and clear coat. If there was something wrong with the batch of clear coat it seems that who ever the supplier of the clear coat should have to pay the other half of the bill. Seems like that would be the proper way to settle things. I think it is called "doing the right thing". I wonder if some of these people have ever heard of the word "karma"?

Vtxkid

Well I just received a response from Customer Service and they are only willing to pay half for the re-paint of my front cap on my 2011 Cyclone 3950 HD. It seems the vendor who did the initial paint job had some bad clear coat or something and the top 1/4 of my cap is oxidized real bad. I understand the unit is 2 years old but if it's not my doing it shouldn't cost me anything. I accepted the half but I am really not happy about it. You know everytime we go down the highway or into an RV Park we are advertizing these units for Heartland. I always tell folks that this is the best toy hauler on the market. I still believe that but I am really not happy at how much I paid for something and it looks like it's 10 years old already. Enough ranting. I still believe in this product and hopefully when I get it back from the RV Repair it will look like it's supposed to.

:(:(:(

Joe, had it already been painted one time due to Gelcoat fading?!?

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member

I'd be concerned that a RV dealer can do a paint job correctly. Hopefully they farm it out to a real paint shop so it won't fade again in 2 years. I'd be asking for half the cost of the repair and fix it yourself.

jwalker1

Actually, Heartland is stepping up to the plate and will pay half the cost of the re-paint. I can't say enough about Ian at customer service. He has been great. The individual who will actually remove the decals, paint and replace the decals is a body and paint shop.

CliffP

I would still want to have someone talk to the paint supplier.

Any reputable paint company will stand behing their product unless it isn't applied to their specifications. I mixed 10 gallons of Dupont industrial Imron paint today that is going on a crane. The painter is using some kind of cheap primer. I question whether Dupont will stand behind their product if its applied over crap primer. This is just an example, not saying anything was applied wrong. Maybe the paint manufacturer had a bad batch and would be willing to help. It can't hurt to ask. You'll never know if you don't ask.

Good luck!