Not exactly a complaint

herefishy

We just noticed that we evidently wasted our money on those fancy electric stabilizers in the back. Our trailer is so solid, I doubt we'll even use them.
Interesting, though, the axles are about 3 inches farther apart than the old trailer - do you think that is what makes it so stable?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
We just noticed that we evidently wasted our money on those fancy electric stabilizers in the back. Our trailer is so solid, I doubt we'll even use them.
Interesting, though, the axles are about 3 inches farther apart than the old trailer - do you think that is what makes it so stable?

If you read your instructions, I think you will find you are not supposed to put the slides out without having the rear stabilizers down. You can tweak the slides and/or the frame. Just sayin'

Northern Virginia
I put my slides out all the time without using the rear stabilizers. This is the first I have heard of that. I can't see how it would make much of a difference. The stabilizers are not that strong anyway.

John

Birchwood

We have a Landmark and its solid as a rock but without the rear stabilizers its bouncy.
You can put your slides out even when attached to your truck if your coach is relitively level.
Although this can be done at rest stops etc it shouldn't be a common practice.
Rear stabilizers extended before extending slides is certainly being cautious and won't
harm anything .

herefishy

The dealer for our previous trailer used to haul the trailers around on the lot with the slides out, and it just made me cringe. I am sure that as solid as we are sitting it can't hurt to put the slides out without the stabilizers, but probably will do it anyway.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Our Big Country is also much more stable than our previous rig but the rear stabilizers do make it even better! If nothing else...they will increase the selling value should that time occur! :)

Speedy

Birchwood, I am curious regarding your statement You can put your slides out even when attached to your truck if your coach is relatively level. Although this can be done at rest stops etc it shouldn't be a common practice”. Have you had any trouble opening one or more slides at a rest stop? The reason I ask is that my DW and I would like to open at least one slide during a lunchtime type rest stop. My concern has always been to protect the slides while out; which I planned on using four traffic cones to block off the space next to the deployed slide.
Your thoughts…

hoefler

We open our slides all the time at rest stops. Find an end spot if you can and we open the slide enough to get the living room out half way and bring the bedroom slide all the way back in. The truck lanes are more than wide enough.