Now Where Did I Leave That Checklist?

Carleen

Best advice I got on the antenna - hang your keys or something else you can't leave without from the crank. Working for us almost 4 years.

Martha

I actually got one of those red flags from the Air and Space Museum that reads "Remove Before Flight" to use on the antenna. However, we suck at using it. After driving off and someone stopping us, I have set a new goal of using it again.

Capture.JPG

Lou_and_Bette

Best advice I got on the antenna - hang your keys or something else you can't leave without from the crank. Working for us almost 4 years.

Martha

I use a plastic clothes pin that I wrote "antenna" with a sharpie. This pin slides into one of the vents near the antenna crank (not over slide when closed in case it falls off) and I never put the antenna up without first putting the clip on my finger or front of my shirt. Then, I take the clip and put it on the trailer cord that hooks to the truck. Reverse that process when antenna goes down. That way if I go to hook up and clip is on cord I know I need to stop what I am doing and put the antenna down. Simple solution to my "CRS" condition! And, like another post, I wouldn't know where I put a check list if I had one.

kowAlski631

That's why we use the truck keys. We ain't going nowhere without them!!! Notes or flags won't stop us from leaving. Truck keys, on the other hand......

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I have a luggage name tag that I hang from the antenna crank when it is up to remind me to put it down.

However, I've gotten into the habit of putting the antenna down first before I clamp the bedroom TV to the wall before travel.

Lynn1130

Back to the parking slot to have another one before assessing the damage, have another one, and hit the road.