NT21FBS Grey tank Monitors

'Lil Guy'

Saw a thread somewhere on here and I can't find it now. I show 2 Grey tanks on my display on the bathroom wall. GT1 and GT2. GT2 always reads empty. Looked in my manual and it states there are 2 pull valves if indeed you have them. TT is in storage now and I can't look again for the pull. Just wandering if the GT2 monitor is for our fresh water holding tank which we haven't used yet. Seems logical to me. I'm sure it has a drain on it but haven't looked for it since we haven't used it yet. Anyone out here know what it's for. Again, I think it is to show our onboard fresh water. Any help would be appreciated. Next time out, I'll put some water in the tank and see if it reads on the panel display. In the mean time, I'm lazy and want someone else to do my research on this. Seriously, hoping someone else has a Lil Guy like mine and knows about the Grey Tank 2 monitor. Thanks in advance. On another note, I'm fixing to join the HOC and sign up for the rally in Bullard. I guess I'll just walk around and ask questions about my Lil Guy TT until everyone tells us to leave. Probably the same as those nice 5th wheels, just a s--tload smaller. Don't want my TT to get a complex and I wouldn't go but my wife wants to. Later and have a great day.

mbopp

????

My monitor has buttons for Battery - Fresh - Black and Gray. I wonder if the factory put the wrong panel in?

'Lil Guy'

You might be right. That would be all I need. Do you have any kind of gage for your fresh water holding tank? Do you know where the drain is for it? Thanks in advance. Next time I get to my TT I'll find the drain. Again, You're probably right on the wrong panel. Thanks for the reply.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Don't worry about getting a complex at Bullard. Many of the members in the NTX area have had North Trails or North Country's before moving to a 5ver! Feel free to ask questions! We're all here to help. Especially at Rallies!

That said, I'm confused by your post. I don't think a 21fbs has more than 1 fresh, 1 grey, 1 black. Sounds like you may have the wrong monitor panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Saw a thread somewhere on here and I can't find it now. I show 2 Grey tanks on my display on the bathroom wall. GT1 and GT2. GT2 always reads empty. Looked in my manual and it states there are 2 pull valves if indeed you have them. TT is in storage now and I can't look again for the pull. Just wandering if the GT2 monitor is for our fresh water holding tank which we haven't used yet. Seems logical to me. I'm sure it has a drain on it but haven't looked for it since we haven't used it yet. Anyone out here know what it's for. Again, I think it is to show our onboard fresh water. Any help would be appreciated. Next time out, I'll put some water in the tank and see if it reads on the panel display. In the mean time, I'm lazy and want someone else to do my research on this. Seriously, hoping someone else has a Lil Guy like mine and knows about the Grey Tank 2 monitor. Thanks in advance. On another note, I'm fixing to join the HOC and sign up for the rally in Bullard. I guess I'll just walk around and ask questions about my Lil Guy TT until everyone tells us to leave. Probably the same as those nice 5th wheels, just a s--tload smaller. Don't want my TT to get a complex and I wouldn't go but my wife wants to. Later and have a great day.

If you are worried about it just call Heartland customer service and ask them. Doesn't cost anything and it will give you peace of mind.

Have your Vin# ready when calling.

By the way...........size does not matter............LOL

mbopp

My fresh water drain is under the trailer behind the steps. Low point drains are under the left (drivers side) rear corner.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our 2013 Heartland Trail Runner has the rear kitchen, which has it's own grey tank, and another one for the shower/bathroom sink.

Each have their own drain.

Our kitchen grey drain is at the very rear of the trailer while the shower/bathroom sink drain is the same drain as the black/toilet drain, which is in front of the tires.

When you have this configuration, plan on buying two sets of sewer hoses.

I have two 20-footers . . .

You should be able to see them in this photo:

CamperSlideOutJacks-IMG_0510.jpg

'Lil Guy'

I'll go to the storage lot Saturday and check it out. If I recall, It has a fresh, holding, 2 greys and a battery. Water heater is on the bottom and I think the pump. Thanks JohnD, if I get that configuration I'll certainly buy 2 hoses. I've even thought about buying 40 20 footers. Reason being, I could hook up at the dump station and feed the lines out to my site. Should pay for themselves on the money saved by getting the cheaper campsites. :D Mbopp, thanks for the info. Saves an old man from having to crawl under the TT or should I say, show the wife where to look. BigJim45, not worried, just curious. I guess it's time I take the time to crawl around under her now and get to know all the ins and outs, ups and downs,etc. Don't want to be a rookie forever. Size doesn't matter until you look at some of you 5ers. TravelTiger, I think you're right. That is all I have, that's why I was curious about the panel. And now I know where the fresh water drain is at. I don't have a complex but my Lil Guy might get one. I'll try to park away from the Big Boys. I'll put up a collection box for donations to upgrade to my Bighorn on the pullout bumper. Hopefully I'm getting most of my questions out of the way here, leaving more time for BS and a cool one while at the CS. Danemayor, no pics of the Panel. It's probably off of a Bighorn. Now all I need is the rest of the rig. I joke about my Lil Guy but it fits what we want to do now until I retire. Three day excursions to state parks, weekends with the Grandkids, even 1 to 2 week trips. Plenty of room for the way DW and myself like to camp. Spend a lot of time outdoors, sight seeing, cooking, drinks around the campfire, etc. Only thing I need to address now is the matress. I have a sleep number at home and I'm used to it. However, when I retire and we want to travel leisurely, spending long times in areas, I think you need the home away from home. I could justify lugging that 5er out of storage for a 1 or 4 month trip. With that said, I think the 21 is ok till we make the next plunge. I don't want to go up to the Bighorn 2 feet at a time. Really expensive that way. Again, thanks for the input. Look forward to meeting some of you in the future. BTW, I was going to put my decals (the Bakers, Debbie and Frank, Houston, Texas) on the back of my TT. Changed my mind. Don't want people walking past going there are the Bakers. They're the ones with the Lil Guy TT. Come to think of it, I'm going to get a Lil Guy decal for it. Later and have a great day and thanks for the response.

JohnD

BTW, I was going to put my decals (the Bakers, Debbie and Frank, Houston, Texas) on the back of my TT. Changed my mind. Don't want people walking past going there are the Bakers. They're the ones with the Lil Guy TT. Come to think of it, I'm going to get a Lil Guy decal for it. Later and have a great day and thanks for the response.

I was going to have "Trailer Trash" painted on the back of our old trailer . . . a 1978 Coachman that had seen much better days . . .

That was when my wife 'found' our new trailer on the dealers lot! :p

Here it is at the Colorado Sand Dunes:

SandDunesCampsite-P8167070.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
e5e4u3u3.jpg

After we traded our 21FBS North Trail for the 34QSRL ElkRidge, we quickly named her "Mammoth", since she was so much bigger, to us. We added this custom decal.

JohnD

We are thinking about having 'Daniels Den' put on our Trail Runner . . .

Or maybe 'Colorado Cat House On Wheels' since we have seven cats (all Mainecoone's) . . .

Here are three of them while camping on different trips in our new Trail Runner:

Campout2012SpicyChecksEmail-PC260023.jpg Campout2012Spicy&Marcy-PC260025.jpg CampinKitties-P9020527.jpg Campout2012Kitchen-PC270045.jpg

'Lil Guy'

e5e4u3u3.jpg

After we traded our 21FBS North Trail for the 34QSRL ElkRidge, we quickly named her "Mammoth", since she was so much bigger, to us. We added this custom decal.

I wouldn't be ashamed to put my name on that bad boy. I bet JohnD doesn't have any rats in his rig. Seven cats would make him a hoarder, I think. Also makes my eyes water just thinking of 7 of them roaming around. I have one at home that likes to get on the bed and purr right by your head when you're trying to go to sleep. Then he climbs on you and starts that walking in place for about 5 seconds before I kick him across the room. You try to giver him a pat and he takes a swipe at you with his claws. Lot of love here between me and Garfield. He rates a good burial when his time comes. Hope it's soon. You buy him a scratching post and all he wants to scratch is my stuff. Seven of them...bwa ha ha ha just kidding JohnD, but not about my sorry cat.

JohnD

We only take two or three with us when we go camping.

Rusty (the orange one - he's our camper kitty) always goes, Marcy (the black and white one that looks like Sylvester) does right now as she is on meds that she needs daily, two of them have never gone as they just don't like to travel, and then we alternate between the other three.

Mainecoones are very large cats . . . with long fur!

I call them "vacuum killers"!

We used to go through one vacuum per year on average . . . last time I bought the one that Consumer Reports claimed was the best pet vacuum on earth!

So far we've gotten about 3 1/2 years out of it (Sears Kenmore Direct Drive), but I still have to take the cyclone apart about every third round about the house and clear out the fur!

But all seven of them are furballs of love!