OEM wheels

Bruceter

Hello, new member here and first post. I just purchased a 2011 Cyclone 2812 in excellent condition except for of coarse it has the oem Towmax tires still on. After doing much reading here on this site I understand the importance to have these tires changed out even if they look fine.
I have removed a wheel to check for max load and max psi of the wheel rim and I did locate the max load as 3580lbs but have not located anything as per max psi?
The casting on the wheel is a 5134 B2 16x6j. Doing a goggle search of the this number Sendel Aluminum trailer wheels comes up as a model T03 in a 16x6 8 stud with a center bore of 4.90. Which is the same as mine and the T03 has a max psi of 100lbs.
Long story short can I use this max 100psi for my tire search? Looks like I would be looking for something in a "F" 12 ply or could I go with the Sailun s637 "G" and stay at or below the 100psi?

Thanks ahead for the imput
Bruce

danemayer

Hi Bruceter,

You need to keep the tires and wheels matched. If you mount a tire rated for higher psi than the wheel, eventually someone will inflate the tire to what it says on the sidewall and if that causes the wheel to fail, there could be a serious injury.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Are you sure they say 100# and not 110#. Most cast aluminum 8 lug wheels are 110#. The wheels are supplied by Tredit to HL. You might give Tredit a call to verify. Their PH# should be posted on the left side of the portal page. My T03 rims were rated at 110# and I installed the GY G614 14 ply tires and had no problems running them a 110# for over 4 years now.

Lynn1130

To throw some confusion into this. I just ordered a wheel for the spare on my 2011 3010 using the info from Heartland as to what is on my trailer now. The new wheel (rim) is a Sendel T3-66866T 16X6 and rated at 80 lbs.

Bruceter

Are you sure they say 100# and not 110#. Most cast aluminum 8 lug wheels are 110#. The wheels are supplied by Tredit to HL. You might give Tredit a call to verify. Their PH# should be posted on the left side of the portal page. My T03 rims were rated at 110# and I installed the GY G614 14 ply tires and had no problems running them a 110# for over 4 years now.

Hi Bob, on the Sendel web site the 8 stud is definitely listed @ 100psi. and 3580 max load. On the Tredit web site they list the same wheel as T03 as well @ 3580lbs but do not list the max psi. Did your wheels actually list the max psi on the back? Mine do not list any psi. I'll have try and contact Tredit as you suggests.

thanks for the input
Bruce

Bruceter

To throw some confusion into this. I just ordered a wheel for the spare on my 2011 3010 using the info from Heartland as to what is on my trailer now. The new wheel (rim) is a Sendel T3-66866T 16X6 and rated at 80 lbs.

Thats interesting, not sure where you ordered from. But the Sendel site listed the 668766T 8stud @ 100psi and the 66655T 6 stud @ 80psi. On the Sendel site both the 8 and 6 stud wheels are listed @ 3580 max lbs and on the Tredit site the 8 stud is listed @ 3580 lbs and the 6 stud @ 3200lbs

Bruce

Lynn1130

Discount Tire and the stats are printed out on the form that they gave me when I picked it up. My are 8stud and the rig came with 80 psi pos Towmax on it. Those are no longer on the trailer. Fact is with that much confusion I would not put 100 psi on the rig until I was sure of what it is supposed to have so if you find out let me know because I will go to a 100 PSI with the next change if possible.

Bruceter

Ok here is some of the info I've got back from Tredit. Looks like I'm back looking for a good 10 ply "E"
sorry, you'll have to start reading from the bottom!
Bruce

Bruce,

That I cannot answer. Unless Sendel has updated test data or changed the mold without notifying us, this wheel is rated to 80psi.

In all honesty, the concern is moving to a 'G' range tire that calls for 110, which will causes structural damage to the wheel. I've not seen an 'F' range tire, which is typically bias, put on one of these wheels so I can't speak to any experience on that directly. I do know we have the data for this wheel capping at 80 psi.

On Apr 24, 2015, at 6:37 PM, Bruce Erwood <bjerwood@hotmail.ca> wrote:

Thank you Adam for the quick response. My second question would be why does Sendel Wheels list the same wheel TO3SM Silver Machined Part number TO3-66866T. 100psi Certified SAE J1204 Spec's? I was hoping to replace the "E" 10 ply tires with a "F" 12 ply which calls for I believe a 90psi
Thanks Bruce

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 24, 2015, at 1:09 PM,

Bruce,

That wheel is rated to 3580# @ 80 PSI. Unfortunately this is one of our few wheels that don’t get a PSI rating stamped on them, but it is under the 3750# threshold.

Hope this helps!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bruce, to answer your question. I had the 110 stamped on the inside of the spokes. Maybe they have changed things in the last few years.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We've been happy with our Maxxis 8008 load range E tires. Wore them out and put on a second set.

If you have the funds, I would go ahead and change tires/wheels to G, especially on a cyclone when you are hauling heavy stuff inside.

(Our Elkridge has a max gvwr of 14,380, and we've weighed recently to determine the coach has less than 12k on the tires.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruceter

Bruce, to answer your question. I had the 110 stamped on the inside of the spokes. Maybe they have changed things in the last few years.

Thanks Bob for the info, sounds like according to Tredit these were a bit of a odd ball wheel without the psi stamped in

Bruce

Bruceter

We've been happy with our Maxxis 8008 load range E tires. Wore them out and put on a second set.

If you have the funds, I would go ahead and change tires/wheels to G, especially on a cyclone when you are hauling heavy stuff inside.

(Our Elkridge has a max gvwr of 14,380, and we've weighed recently to determine the coach has less than 12k on the tires.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Tony,thanks for the input. We had Maxxis 8008's as well on a previous toyhauler and they served us well so they are at the top of list of potential tires. We also had good luck with Marathons on a Arctic Fox but it sounds like people are having trouble with some of those lately
When I bought the trailer I knew I was going to have to put tires on it and thought that if I could go to a higher rated tire I would do so, but sounds like it's not possible with the wheels I have so I'll have decide which way to go.
The trailer is the smallest Cyclone and has a 14,000 gvwr so a good E 10 ply should do the job.

Bruce

Bruceter