Off level, how much is too much?

BusManRG

We a spent a fun filled weekend camping in our friends barn on our "shakedown" trip! Actually, we had a a great time and lots of thing got done. Moved everything in from our old motor home and created a new, comfy home on wheels. Storage is amazing. Hubby is worried because he saw me eyeing those empty cupboards! Progressive surge protector installed (thanks to everyone for the photos and advice), snap pads on, and a few other misc items ticked off the list. Lots more to do though and a pretty long list of things for the dealer to take care of including a fresh water tank that fills and overflows no matter what the setting and a level up system that basically stopped working. Hoping that we can get the jacks up when it's time for our appointment at the dealer (early October...grrr)! Anyway...we could see that the trailer was not level to the truck. Hubby and good friend measured and the best they can get still has the trailer sitting about 3 inches high from the rear of the trailer to the front (so we would like to lower the front by about 1.5 inches for level) There hitch is sitting at it's lowest point. Hope I've explained this well enough. Is there any tolerance? Will we do much damage driving it this way about 80 miles to the dealer? The service manager says they can try to make adjustments at the pin when we bring it in for the other items. Hmmm. Thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Should probably mention that this is a 2017 Big Horn 3160el being towed with a 2013 Ford F350 SRW diesel CC.

Thanks!!
Sandy (and btw, hubby Rich, BusmanRG, really does exist as a few members on here can attest to. He just hates computers!)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Your dealer may be able to raise the pin box to help you out. But be aware that you will need or should have at least six inches of clearance between the bottom of the trailer to your truck rails.
But if that cannot be accomplished I don't think that three inches high is all that bad. Level is ideal but it's not always possible.

Peace
Dave

BusManRG

Thanks. I won't worry about not being level then. Now to get the level up repaired. Dealer service rep said they frequently get Big Horns delivered with level up issues. Something about pinched lines and/or fasteners that have come apart.