Only main TV works with cable

GWRam

We are enjoying our maiden voyage in our Gateway. Have come across a few items that need addressing. When we went through the unit with the dealer all the tvs were working off the antenna. No problem. At campground we have tried the cable hookup. With amp behind main TV off and the TVs all switched to cable and channel scanned, only main TV gets a picture other 3 static.Doesn't make sense to me. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks,Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm, if you programmed all the TV's to accept the cable signal, turned off the amplifier and scanned for channels, it sounds like you are doing everything correctly.
About the only thing I can think of in that case would be to pull the amplifier out and check the F connectors. Remove the connectors from the amplifier and be sure there are no shielding wires touching the center conductor. Then replace them and be sure all are tight.
When you get it working, come back and let us know what you found.

Peace
Dave

dave10a

Mine did the same thing and found the connector cable going to the bedroom tV was loose and not connected properly at the factory. I found many AC/DC wiring problems that were not done properly at the factory. I don't know who Heartland hires to do their wireing, but I would suggest they train and keep a watchful eye on them.

danemayer

Dave,

If the signal amplifier is next to the TV that's working, there's probably a marginal connector at either the amp or downstream on the way to the next TV location, where there's probably a splitter.

If you pull the signal amplifier to check connections, be very careful that you don't bump a coax connector against the spade lug carrying 12V or you'll blow a fuse in the main fuse panel. Don't ask me how I know this.

GWRam

Thank you for the replies. I'm going to check the connections starting at the amp. Let you know what I find.Dave

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
If you have more than one coax connection at the UDC, try hooking your cable to a different one (regardless of how it's labeled...Satellite, Roof Satellite, Cable, etc). The wires may have been connected incorrectly there.

Theresau

Also try changing coax connection in bedroom closet - that works for the bedroom TV. It's possible it's set up for satellite in lieu of cable. Ours is not labeled.

I believe the Gateway has the same set up as the BC?

Theresau

There should only be one connection for cable in the UDC... There are multiples for satellite. Cable is separate. If cable is working in the LR then it's hooked up ok - please see my previoius reply.

If you have more than one coax connection at the UDC, try hooking your cable to a different one (regardless of how it's labeled...Satellite, Roof Satellite, Cable, etc). The wires may have been connected incorrectly there.

GWRam

I was disappointed by what I found,

Mine did the same thing and found the connector cable going to the bedroom tV was loose and not connected properly at the factory. I found many AC/DC wiring problems that were not done properly at the factory. I don't know who Heartland hires to do their wireing, but I would suggest they train and keep a watchful eye on them.

Our situation sounds strangely the same as dave10a. All the cables at the amp were at least a little loose. The cable to the splitter and those connected to the splitter were all loose. One completely loose cable came off when I pulled on the splitter.
With everything tightened up the other tv locations now have cable signal also. The signal to the other tv locations isn't as sharp as the main tv but usable for now.

Thank You for the ideas and feadback I really appreciate it.

Dave