OOPS! Poked a hole in the bladder of my Trailair pin box

navyAZ1

Hey all, yeah don't ask but I did something really dumb and poked a hole in the bladder of our Trailair Tri-Glide pin box:mad:. I have sent a request into Lippert asking for a replacement, but was just wondering if anyone knows of any where else that might sell parts for these? Just want to be able to shop around if I can. It looks like a pretty simple job to replace the bladder so I plan to handle the work myself, but I have to get one quick we have a trip planned for this Thursday the 19th, so I guess I'll have to pay thru the nose for over night shipping. Well hope everyone is having a wonderful Spring it has been georgous here in GA.

See Ya,

Ron

jimtoo

Re: OOPS! Poked a hole in the bladder of my trailair pin box

Not sure Ron, but they look like the air bags on some 18 wheelers and trailers.. might pull it off and go to a truck parts house or shop and check. Easy to remove, just 3 nuts I think.

Jim M

Willym

It's probably made by Firestone, and should have a number on it. The Trailair site shows the bag numbers for various ratings. Once you have the number do as Jim says, or find a good deal on the internet.

navyAZ1

Got the air bag out it is made by Contitech, wish me luck there is a Freight Liner repair/dealer just up the road from us. I'll go there Monday and see if they can help me? From what I've seen online these cost about $70.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

If you have to get one from Lippert, it's gonna cost a lot more than $70.
I inquired about a new one a couple of years ago. Thought I had a leak, fortunately I was wrong.
Please let us know where your find one and how much.

Peace
Dave

jimtoo

OK Ron,,,, ( OOPS! Poked a hole in the bladder of my Trailair pin box ),,, just be HONEST :angel:,, and tell us how you poked a hole in your Trailair pin box airbag..... That thing is protected on 3 sides... You must have done it because you just wanted to start a new thread or you were just bored...

Jim M

bighorn3370

In Michigan we have aftermarket truck parts. There about five that come to me off the top of my head. They are usely less money then the dealers. You may also want a try napa. Ernie

navyAZ1

OK Ron,,,, ( OOPS! Poked a hole in the bladder of my Trailair pin box ),,, just be HONEST :angel:,, and tell us how you poked a hole in your Trailair pin box airbag..... That thing is protected on 3 sides... You must have done it because you just wanted to start a new thread or you were just bored...

Jim M

It's all Ray L.'s fault he sold me a level to mount on the pin box at the Nashville Rally (never get in a hurry to install upgrades). Well I decided I would install it on Saturday so marked the holes and began to drill, something told me to slip a piece of wood or something between the side of the pin box and the air bag, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, not me I'll know just when the drill bit is about to cut thru and I'll pull back on the drill. Well, I pulled back on the drill just a little too late, then I heard the hissing nosie of air escaping. Yikes, one expensive boo boo!!!!!

Okay, y'all can stop laughing now, at least I won't have to suffer the embarassment of facing everyone at the Gillette rally this year and by the time we go to the 2013 rally (that is if the world doesn't end in December) all will have been forgotten (I hope). I'll let y'all know if I'm able to get a new air bag at the Freight Liner place tomorrow. (stop laughing).

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors

Just a crazy thought ( I know absolutely nothing about these) but can it be patched?

jimtoo

Don't know about a patch,, but one of the tubeless tire plugs might work... not the string filler, but the plug. And maybe the truck place will have a patch kit... who knows.

Jim M