Pin box

Dave49

Looking for stock pin box for a 2011 3670 Bighorn model. Got rid of mine when I put this 5th Airborne pin box on. I know this is an odd request but with this pin box I am not happy with it. Way to much chucking and bounce. I'm pretty well sold on buying the Trailer Saver Hitch. From what they say you don't need anything else as there hitch takes care of up and down and forward and aft.

Anyone have experience with this hitch and stock pin box?

SLO

I can't help you with the stock pin box. That's too bad about the 5th airborne. I love mine and wouldn't have a different kind. I imagine you've played with the two bold adjustment on top of the pin pox and the air pressure. I also have one of those round nylon friction plate that's goes around the pin. Although I don't see how that would make a difference. I have the Reese Elite hitch and that could be the difference between our experiences. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dave49

I can't help you with the stock pin box. That's too bad about the 5th airborne. I love mine and wouldn't have a different kind. I imagine you've played with the two bold adjustment on top of the pin pox and the air pressure. I also have one of those round nylon friction plate that's goes around the pin. Although I don't see how that would make a difference. I have the Reese Elite hitch and that could be the difference between our experiences. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have tried every wich way on air pressure. But I'm not sure about the adjustments your talking about. In fact obviously I haven't because I have no clue?

SLO

The two bolts in slots just above the Reese name give you some adjustment. If I remember correctly one direction is for heavier trailers and one direction for lighter trailers.

458348d0c5b9f88da9711f1028d8f797.jpg

Last edited:

Dave49

The two bolts in slots just above the Reese name give you some adjustment. If I remember correctly one direction is for heavier trailers and one direction for lighter trailers.

Thank you, will look a little further in to that. I have the heavy trailer for sure.