Oops!!!

olcoon

CAR KEYS
Several days ago as I left a meeting at a hotel; I desperately gave myself a personal TSA pat down.
I was looking for my keys. They were not in my pockets. A quick search in the meeting room revealed nothing.
Suddenly I realized I must have left them in the car. Frantically, I headed for the parking lot.

My husband has scolded me many times for leaving the keys in the ignition. My theory is the ignition is the best place not to lose them. His theory is that the car will be stolen.

As I burst through the door, I came to a terrifying conclusion. His theory was right. The parking lot was empty. I immediately called the police. I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that it had been stolen.

Then I made the most difficult call of all, "Honey," I stammered; ( I always call him "honey" in times like these.) "I left my keys in the car and it's been stolen."

There was a period of silence. I thought the call had been dropped, but then I heard his voice.

"Are you kidding' me", he barked, "I dropped you off" !!!!!!!

Now it was my time to be silent. Embarrassed, I said, "Well, come and get me."

He retorted, "I will, as soon as I convince this cop I didn't steal your car."

Yep it's the golden years...............

Kbvols

OMG...hilarious! Sounds like something my wife would do...ok and on rare occasion me too.:eek:

donr827

As you get older these episodes will be more frequent. Do not ask me about my episodes, please.
Don

Tumblebug

Now I know why you are senior members! Nothing like that ever happens around our house.

A coupe of years ago the wife , myself and daughter were crossing the border in the north, this was like trip number 10, with almost the same crew but always with wife and myself. The custom agent ask if we had been to Canada before, me knowing that the agent is looking at the computer screen with our past history in front of her, myself and daughter say yes, last year. My wife says no not last year. LOL I thought we had been had but the agent kinda smiles and said proceed. I had to produce the picture of her in Canada to convine the wife that she was there the year before. Now, recall is a taboo subject at our house.

wino2

There are so many days when everyone needs a really good chuckle at some one elses expense. Thanks I really need that one. Better than the Mastercard, PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!

wyleyrabbit

Sally,

Thank you sooo much for sharing your story. Best I've done so far (way back when I was a teenager and borrowed my parent's car) was to lock the keys in the car, with the engine running. Fortunately for me, my dad came by with his keys and while laughing, didn't even give me a hard time about it (although 25 years later, he still brings the story up once in a while).

Chris

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
To funny Sally!!! Can't wait till Amy gets home so I can show her this!!!!

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
I Love it. Now pack up and come on down. I already heard that the DR. said that he could recover down here. lol

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Age is not a prerequisite of CRS. I worked downtown Dallas for over 20yrs. I would ride he bus downtown and back home. One day I got off work, got on a bus and went back to the bus stop about 25 miles away. Arrived about 6:30pm. Walked out into the parking lot and looked around for my pickup. It was not in the lot. I went to the bus stop office and they were closed. (no cel phones back then). Then as the next bus started to leave I remembered I drove downtown and parked in the parking building next to my office building. I got on the bus that was leaving the parking lot. It was going back to the garage not downtown. I ended up getting on a couple of buses and made it back downtown and got my truck. Made it back home about 10:00pm. That was a long day....

I still have CRS and getting older.

BC

olcoon

Contrary to poplar belief, that didn't happen to me, or to Sally. Even though I've done something similar!

I am getting around better now, thanks to the staff at Sally's Nursing Home. Still got a long way to go though, unfortunately!
As much as we'd like to hook up & head south, that probably won't happen until at least the first of Jan. (that's when we were planning on leaving anyway). Got to wait & see what the Dr. says, hopefully rehab won't last too long!

wdk450

My CRS problem is distraction.

While my wife was still with us, we went to the nearby big thrift store to look around. Deb and I were having a running conversation as I got her wheelchair out of the trunk, handicapped plackard displayed, and got her in the wheelchair. When we came out of the store, about 15 minutes later, the car wasn't there, and I felt down and the keys weren't in my pocket. Evidently, I left them in the trunk for all to see, and for some lowlife to steal the car. The CHP called the next day to report they found the car with a stripped interior, motor compartment evidently untouched. I rented a car, went to wrecking yards, and got the car pretty much back to normal.

Last weekend, on a NorLOW's campout, I was prepping in the trailer to pull out and go home. I had a pile of items to go to the cab of the truck including my 2 pairs of eyeglasses. I had a LOW's friend of mine come up to me in the final departure stages and start a long conversation. I realized the glasses weren't in the truck as I stopped at the campground exit to throw out the full trash bag. I searched the truck and the trailer there, and couldn't find the glasses. I had an older pair in the truck, so I decided to proceed and search in more depth when I got home. Searching in depth here still came up with nothing. I called the RV park to check my space, and they found nothing. Now I think I might of gotten my glasses into that trash bag.