Options on Landmark 365

jayc

Legendary Member
Does anyone have the disk brakes that are installed at the factory? I know that most opt for the Mor Ryde brand but I'd like to hear from someone that has the ones from the factory.

When going down the list of options, I see a Carbonic In-floor heat system is available. Anyone have one of these? I haven't seen much discussion on this item. I found it using my friend Google and would like more information.

jbeletti

Jay - I think the Carbonic floor heating was trialed by us in toyhaukers a couple years ago. Not sure how many coaches got out with it or what the results are. Hope you hear from anyone who got it. It sounds amazing.

I've had Heartland installed disc brakes and MORryde installed disc brakes. I prefer the Kodiak dis brakes MORryde installs. Your dealer may likely be able to coordinate the install with MORryde and the transport company after the coach is done at HL.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Jay - I think the Carbonic floor heating was trialed by us in toyhaukers a couple years ago. Not sure how many coaches got out with it or what the results are. Hope you hear from anyone who got it. It sounds amazing.

I've had Heartland installed disc brakes and MORryde installed disc brakes. I prefer the Kodiak dis brakes MORryde installs. Your dealer may likely be able to coordinate the install with MORryde and the transport company after the coach is done at HL.

I agree with Jim on the Kodiak disc brakes. I absolutely love them. I had the IS and Kodiak brakes done after the National Rally this year and would not own a coach without the brakes now that I have experienced the difference. The independent suspension, on the other hand was a total waste of $3,000, IMHO. Wish I had my original axles back but with the Kodiaks.

jayc

Legendary Member
Interesting viewpoint Keith. It's kind of what I was thinking but want some more opinions.

Jim, I remember seeing the option on toyhaulers and am glad to see it as an option on the LM. Is it available only under the linoleum or carpeted areas too? All areas or lower deck only?

Maybe Andy will see this and respond.

Mburtsvt

I have towed both, (IS and straight axel), delivering RV’s across the country. There is no doubt that the IS is smother. That said I would have second thoughts about getting it on my “vacation” RV. At the end of the day if you are doing 15K miles a year or full timing all around the country it could be a good investment, but the casual RV’er will not really notice the difference. I would rather put the money into more RV’ing. On a lot of RV’s just replacing the shocks make an marketable improvement in trailer ride quality. As far as disk brakes - west coast mountain driving - well worth the investment AND they hold their resell value.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I agree with Jim on the Kodiak disc brakes. I absolutely love them. I had the IS and Kodiak brakes done after the National Rally this year and would not own a coach without the brakes now that I have experienced the difference. The independent suspension, on the other hand was a total waste of $3,000, IMHO. Wish I had my original axles back but with the Kodiaks.
I'm looking in to the IS what is the reason you dislike it ?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ksucats

I had disc brakes installed on my SOB by Trailaire when they were in Goshen. Super brakes - head and shoulders better than the electric drum brakes. On my new LM Key West we had the option of either drum or disc brakes (they had two coaches on the lot, one with disc, the other with drum). We took the one with disc and we couldn't be happier. Traveling I-25 between Colorado Springs and Santa Fe, going over Raton Pass, absolutely no brake fading or anything. I strongly recommend the disc brakes. That said, some of the older trucks (2011 or older I believe is a good starting date) with the integrated brake controller have problems with electric over hydraulic brake controllers. When I had my 2010 Dodge, Chrysler Maint support (I believe they call it 5-star) had the dealer put a small light bulb in the circuit to fool the controller into believing there were electric drum brakes installed. Worked like a charm but always wondered what would happen if the bulb went out.

As for the flooring -- Saw a 2015 Keystone Montana for sale with it some months ago , dealership praised it to no end but then told me that they had yet to sell a unit with that option -- lot of people looked at it but went with the traditional flooring. The one question I asked - and it was because of the Landmarks advertising 'cold crack resistant flooring' - was how did it handle the cold winters when in storage. No idea was the basic response. I've not seen, nor heard, of it anywhere else before this post and that one unit.

Hope this helps some.

goldenbear

Does anyone have the disk brakes that are installed at the factory? I know that most opt for the Mor Ryde brand but I'd like to hear from someone that has the ones from the factory.

When going down the list of options, I see a Carbonic In-floor heat system is available. Anyone have one of these? I haven't seen much discussion on this item. I found it using my friend Google and would like more information.
Jay- I have a 2015 Landmark Newport with factory installed disk brakes, have had no problems with them.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We had the IS and disc brakes added almost three years ago to our Landmark...the disc brakes are amazing! As for the IS, I will never have another unit without it! It makes a very noticeable difference from spring suspension...we used to have to constantly monitor the condition of the springs and put bungee cords on many of the cabinets...not any more...we love it!

jbeletti

Interesting viewpoint Keith. It's kind of what I was thinking but want some more opinions.

Jim, I remember seeing the option on toyhaulers and am glad to see it as an option on the LM. Is it available only under the linoleum or carpeted areas too? All areas or lower deck only?

Maybe Andy will see this and respond.

Andy is at the Dallas show, then super-busy with open house n Elkhart next week. I'll try to track this down in Elkhart next Tuesday Jay.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Andy is at the Dallas show, then super-busy with open house n Elkhart next week. I'll try to track this down in Elkhart next Tuesday Jay.

If I see him tomorrow at the Dallas show, I'll try to remember to ask!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayc

Legendary Member
Kathy, click on any floorplan and look on the right side under standards and options.

kkamshop

Jay this is real easy ,just check all options when ordering then ask if there are any special options. Add them also ,deal done.

TravelTiger

I saw Andy today. He said they are still looking at the heated flooring. It is in some of the Toyhaulers at the Dealer Open House, he said they will see the response there from dealers and how it holds up to traffic and then decide. He said it is capable of being installed under carpet or vinyl, but he figures they would consider doing all of downstairs and the bedroom upstairs. Don't hold him to it, though. They're still contemplating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayc

Legendary Member
I've thought that a heated floor would be something worth having. I've seen it in some S&B houses, often used in the colder climates but it's installed under tile or something that won't move or shift like a trailer does.

TravelTiger

jayc

Legendary Member
Thanks for checking on this Jim. It's listed as an option and I got all excited about it. It's not something that I would add aftermarket.