Ordering 2015 This Week Suggestion Welcome

PTLOVER

We have decided on the front master bath and will be touring the plant tomorrow. There are interior option between the Landmark, Big Horn and Big Country that we been told can be mix and matched. This will be the fun part picking out tables, cabinets, flooring and so on. If you were ordering a new unit this week what would be your must haves. Axles upgrades, tire height, hitch type, or anything we should consider.

Thanks in advance

Pat and Renee

danemayer

Hi PTLover,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sure you'll get lots of input on what to order. Let me start by suggesting if you plan on any cold weather usage, order the Yeti Option so you have tank heating pads and heat tape on the fresh water line, along with extra insulation.

jbeletti

Pat and Renee,

What an exciting time. Have you decided on which brand, LM, BH or BC? If you have narrowed it down, you may get even better response here from owners who have the brand you desire.

Also, how would you describe your RVing style?
- Weekenders
- Anytimers
- Fulltimers

And how about hookups (power, water, sewer):
- Boondockers
- Hookups sometimes
- Hookups all the time

And where would you RV in the winter months:
- We would not RV in the winter, we would store the RV
- We would head to TX, FL, AZ etc (some place warm)

And where would you RV in the summer months:
- North
- South
- East
- West
- Who knows - we want to go everywhere

Your answers to these questions will be helpful for others to give you the feedback you want and need. Thank you for coming to the right place :)

pegmikef

If available I would upgrade the axles to the next one up (e.g., 7k to 8k), a minimum of Goodyear G614 tires, level up system (standard on Landmark I think). I like the Moryde pinbox that is a standard option, but a lot of folks have other preferences. Anything you think you might want now or in the future is a lot cheaper when built in at the factory than it is if added later. One thing we did was had the queen size bed in place of the king size which gives us more bedroom space and DW says it is much easier to make the bed. I am sure others will point out other options.

PTLOVER

We will have the unit on Lake Erie near Toledo Ohio for the better part of the year and then move it towards FLA or store it inside. The future plan will be using the unit as a second home/vacation location and move it from location to location but never being 100% full timers. A cottage on wheels kind of thing.

We were still going to ask about that Yeti package and we agree with replacing the king size bed with a queen. Hoping to gain a nigh stand or at least the small shelves shown I the BH bedroom layout

We are going to order the washer and dryer (stackable) , power cord reel, power awnings, upgraded basement floor, no carpet except for bedroom

pegmikef

We were still going to ask about that Yeti package and we agree with replacing the king size bed with a queen. Hoping to gain a nigh stand or at least the small shelves shown I the BH bedroom layout

Yes when you change out the bed to the queen size at the factory they put in a shelf 3 to 4 inches wide on each side that has a slight lip on it's border so most of the stuff you put on it stays on it when you are traveling.

jbeletti

As you will be using the coach as a cottage and moving it into storage or south for the winter months, my suggestions:

- Dual pane windows
- 2 ACs (unless already standard)
- Only a maybe on the power cord reel. They are REAL nice, but will you get enough use from it to justify?
- Residential refer - you will love this option
- Maybe slide toppers - personal preference
- Only a maybe on LevelUp. Here again, REAL nice feature, but you may only use it a couple times a year. May be hard to justify.

PTLOVER

As you will be using the coach as a cottage and moving it into storage or south for the winter months, my suggestions:

- Dual pane windows
- 2 ACs (unless already standard)
- Only a maybe on the power cord reel. They are REAL nice, but will you get enough use from it to justify?
- Residential refer - you will love this option
- Maybe slide toppers - personal preference
- Only a maybe on LevelUp. Here again, REAL nice feature, but you may only use it a couple times a year. May be hard to justify.
You mention the dual pane windows, we like the look of the frameless but on our list is to ask about and view window air flow with the frameless. All the other options you mentions are on the wish list. Unless my wish list drives the cost threw the roof we are going into this with get it now and go for the unit being loaded. First and most important decision is the model. We have been told that LM BH & BC are same construction with same frame and any one of the units cabinets, sinks and other features maybe not exterior siding. Does anyone know of anything major between the 3 models
Its going to be a learning experience later today and hoping to be having a open house this 4th of July

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We have the dual pane, frameless windows....we were completely surprised at how much air movement we get especially when using the Fantastic fan!!

PTLOVER

We have the dual pane, frameless windows....we were completely surprised at how much air movement we get especially when using the Fantastic fan!!

Thanks

I going to take everyone's suggestion and create a spread sheet to make sure I don't forget to discuss each one of them with the factory rep. It took a several months to narrow down what manufacture's an floor plan and don't want to rush the order and forget something. Looking forward to asking about great places to park our new fifth soon.

jbeletti

Thanks

I going to take everyone's suggestion and create a spread sheet to make sure I don't forget to discuss each one of them with the factory rep. It took a several months to narrow down what manufacture's an floor plan and don't want to rush the order and forget something. Looking forward to asking about great places to park our new fifth soon.

Speaking with a factory rep will be very insightful and valuable from a construction perspective, and options/features availability. Be aware though, that most factory reps themselves, are not RVers. With regard to what options do I really need, the best feedback will be received in this thread from product users.

PTLOVER

Speaking with a factory rep will be very insightful and valuable from a construction perspective, and options/features availability. Be aware though, that most factory reps themselves, are not RVers. With regard to what options do I really need, the best feedback will be received in this thread from product users.

I will take a lot of notes and try a learn a ton before signing the dotted line on a custom order unit. Hoping to order by this Friday and have unit by July 4th. Very excited and ready to start making memories.

Thanks for the comments

Patrick