Our 3010 Modifications

Sniper

Finally the Commander decided on the kitchen faucet. She liked the more modern design of the stock faucet, but it was not tall enough for her tallest pot. We found this on at Home Depot for $98.00 (they were also very friendly and helpful I might add). It is much like the stock faucet, but is 3 1/2" taller (just under 8" at the bottom of the aerator). It's a GLACIER BAY "KEELIA" model in brushed nickle (as the stock one was) model #497 475. I needed 2 step down fittings which the staff helped me find quickly, and they were $7.00 each. It was a little more complex task to change compared to the bathroom faucet replacement. Took my broken down arse about an hour. :)
GEDC1363.jpg step down fittings

GEDC1365.jpg all hooked up. The lines were even color coded so I didn't have to guess. LOL

GEDC1366.jpg Finished!

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Not that I got ripped off, just thought the component came with everything needed for installation, only to find myself heading back to buy more stuff. LOL

Been there too ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sniper

Nice job
What's next ?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Thanks! Probably the couch and a cup of coffee is next. :rolleyes: Actually I got a great deal on a new group 27 battery (it's has a group 24 now) from the Commanders father he had bought for his motor home, but sold the motor home before he got around to putting it in. So he gave it to us. Free is my favorite price! LOL So I just filled it and got it on the charger now. Next actual mods though will probably be a moryde pin box, and "x" factor frame connectors. :)

travelin2

Thanks! Probably the couch and a cup of coffee is next. :rolleyes: Actually I got a great deal on a new group 27 battery (it's has a group 24 now) from the Commanders father he had bought for his motor home, but sold the motor home before he got around to putting it in. So he gave it to us. Free is my favorite price! LOL So I just filled it and got it on the charger now. Next actual mods though will probably be a moryde pin box, and "x" factor frame connectors. :)

You'll like the MorRyde pin box!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sniper

The MOR/RYDE pin box has been ordered. Better get out my back brace, and stock up on Doan's. :)

Sniper

Sniper,
What pin box do you have now? Let us know how you like your new pin box.
The pin box on it now is the box that came on it. Lippert Model # LIPP1621 HD. #18,000. Once the Mor/Ryde gets here, and I get it installed I'll be sure to update the post. We are leaving on first trip next month (1800 miles) so that should be a good test. :)

travelin2

The MOR/RYDE pin box has been ordered. Better get out my back brace, and stock up on Doan's. :)

Unless you have a tractor with a front end loader or a forklift, use the bed of your truck and 5ers landing gear as an assistant. My dad was a good teacher when it came to using various "deadman" helpers while performing heavy tasks...

Sniper

Unless you have a tractor with a front end loader or a forklift, use the bed of your truck and 5ers landing gear as an assistant. My dad was a good teacher when it came to using various "deadman" helpers while performing heavy tasks...
Indeed! If I actually had to "lift" it, I wouldn't be doing it. LOL Your father and mine sound a lot alike. "work with your head, not your back boy"... :)

travelin2

Indeed! If I actually had to "lift" it, I wouldn't be doing it. LOL Your father and mine sound a lot alike. "work with your head, not your back boy"... :)

Ha!! "Boy" that's was my name too!!! Miss that...

jnbhobe

Neither pin box is very heavy, so the bed or a picnic table work well. Nothing is as heavy as the Tri-Glide, glad I got rid of that.