Our Story - Just Getting Started in Alabama

Hello new friends!

My wife and I just purchased a 2018 Heartland North Trail 33BKSS. We are brand new to the RV world, although we've tent-camped with our three kiddos for many years. One of the last times I talked my wife in to tent camping with me and the kids, the temperature overnight fell to around 46˚F. Next door to our tent site was a nice travel trailer - accompanied by the soft whirr of a heater unit on top. As we tried to sleep, shivering through the cold and listening to the sound of a nicely heated travel trailer next door, I'd say it was a joint decision to start hunting for a nice camper of our own. Also, my wife said she'd never go camping again unless she was in one of those. So perhaps that sealed it. :D

Any any rate, we are really excited about this new endeavor and the prospect of many memories to be made with our kids before they're too grown for this sort of thing. I've also discovered a neat "dad bonus" in all this: a TRUCK to tow this beast with. Never been much of a truck guy in the past, but after a week in this thing, I may never again go back to sedans and sports cars. This is fun!

Attached a picture of our new rig.

Vt6-TnIPG1XeBTmd6wsHTuzCgmg5IjI3gEK8Ero2tTU%2CVvsVC644zsuSSDKtVJjgngsUQMqlY3yeHWSr6idQL8Y%2CCqHU3h_tQDW24sXGhmvzwhAnGnOglZ1Wnl3v6NWkOW0

danemayer

Hi David,

Congratulations on the new North Trail and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

There's a great group of friendly and helpful people here, so feel free to ask any questions that you may have. You'll find that answers usually come pretty quickly.

Also, we have a large collection of owner-written user guides that fill in many of the blanks from your dealer walk through and the trailer manual that came with your rig. You can get there by clicking on the TOOLS tab at top of page and selecting HUG - Heartland User Guides, or by clicking this link.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Hello new friends!

My wife and I just purchased a 2018 Heartland North Trail 33BKSS. We are brand new to the RV world, although we've tent-camped with our three kiddos for many years. One of the last times I talked my wife in to tent camping with me and the kids, the temperature overnight fell to around 46˚F. Next door to our tent site was a nice travel trailer - accompanied by the soft whirr of a heater unit on top. As we tried to sleep, shivering through the cold and listening to the sound of a nicely heated travel trailer next door, I'd say it was a joint decision to start hunting for a nice camper of our own. Also, my wife said she'd never go camping again unless she was in one of those. So perhaps that sealed it. :D

Any any rate, we are really excited about this new endeavor and the prospect of many memories to be made with our kids before they're too grown for this sort of thing. I've also discovered a neat "dad bonus" in all this: a TRUCK to tow this beast with. Never been much of a truck guy in the past, but after a week in this thing, I may never again go back to sedans and sports cars. This is fun!

Attached a picture of our new rig.

Vt6-TnIPG1XeBTmd6wsHTuzCgmg5IjI3gEK8Ero2tTU%2CVvsVC644zsuSSDKtVJjgngsUQMqlY3yeHWSr6idQL8Y%2CCqHU3h_tQDW24sXGhmvzwhAnGnOglZ1Wnl3v6NWkOW0

Congrats on the new NorthTrail!! Your going to love it. We had 2 NorthTrails. Great units.

Enjoy & & Safe travels.

'Lil Guy'

Congrats on your new NT and welcome to the forum and family. We started with a NT and thoroughly enjoyed it. Enjoy your new rig and hope to meet you down the road. Safe travels.