Outrigger drop?

TrailCreek

I felt that the floor of our Newport was off level so I pulled out a 4' level to check. Between the I-beams is level but from the I-beam to the wall has a 3/4-1" drop on the road side at the rear in the living room. I checked outriggers and saw no deformation so I at a loss to explain. The main kitchen/living room slide is part of this low area. The other side with the smaller slideout has a smaller drop, maybe 1/2-3/4". Any thoughts as to what is causing this? Are the slides too heavy for the frame?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

marknewbill

Can you see the area looking up from the ground? My trailer (While much different than yours) has a covered underbelly, but the sides are not covered past the I beam, and they have metal gussets to hold up the floor. maybe they put those on the frame too low on that end? Or a weld break and the support lets go of the frame. I am just an owner, so I don't know of any defect like that, but it sounded like that could happen.

TrailCreek

I used to build RV's and the outriggers in that area look fine. The only other possibility is a cross member buckled but that would require removing the Coroplast to see. That's why I posted, looking for a shortcut to not tear into the underbelly.

rch

I felt that the floor of our Newport was off level so I pulled out a 4' level to check. Between the I-beams is level but from the I-beam to the wall has a 3/4-1" drop on the road side at the rear in the living room. I checked outriggers and saw no deformation so I at a loss to explain. The main kitchen/living room slide is part of this low area. The other side with the smaller slideout has a smaller drop, maybe 1/2-3/4". Any thoughts as to what is causing this? Are the slides too heavy for the frame?

I have a 2020 Newport also with the same issue as yours. Has not been an issue so far, I am now thinking it was built that way since there are no cracks showing up were the floor meets the wall next to sofa. Does have me concerned though.

TrailCreek

I would be interested if other Newport owners have the same issue. I did a little more investigating and wonder if the location of the power reel has any effect or if it restricts a good outrigger location.

Routemaster

Something like this? Extra outriggers were welded in to lift up the wall.

Attachments

• Floor at point a.JPG
    Floor at point a.JPG
    459 KB · Views: 40
  • new outrigger3.JPG
    new outrigger3.JPG
    570.9 KB · Views: 25
  • New out rigger 1.JPG
    New out rigger 1.JPG
    511.9 KB · Views: 23
  • New outrigger  2.JPG
    New outrigger 2.JPG
    487.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Outside level point a.JPG
    Outside level point a.JPG
    389.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

david-steph2018

We had a outrigger collapse on our 2018 Road Warrior in June 2020. Welder repaired and added extra outriggers for us for $250.99 while we were in Goshen for other repairs.

Routemaster

Dining slide, question are these outriggers designed to take the weight of the slide-out? I have been trying to jack up the outside wall to get the inside facia to shut off on the wall plus the dining floor runs downhill, but no matter how much I move the jacking bolt no change.
The floor on this outside of the I beam has a drop just like I have on the driver-side.
Could it be that these out-riggers are giving way?
Going to need some re-engineering yes.
Thoughts.
Den.

Attachments

• IMG_1289.JPG
    IMG_1289.JPG
    508.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1291.JPG
    IMG_1291.JPG
    477 KB · Views: 37

Routemaster

I just found another outrigger breaking away from the "I" beam at the top so I have had a couple of heavier-made riggers that would go further down past the center line for better support from the beam.
Today I undid a couple of nuts holding other riggers at the base of the wall and could not get it to jack up, by the way, this is on the curbside.
Now I am thinking that I would have to remove the below-floor line skin which this seems to be a large task.
Then I would be able to place a trolley jack right under the wall, yes?
For anyone ever tackled a project like this, roadside fixes are a little easier.
Any thoughts?
Den.

Attachments

• New out riggers.JPG
    New out riggers.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 14

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Den, I hadn't had to replace any outriggers but I have had to access the underside of the wall area. I did not remove the black skin but I did make a slit with a razor knife and used black Gorilla tape to seal up when I finished my project.
That might save you a little work.

Peace
Dave