Outside shower hose connection issue

Mht

After several years of working fine my outside shower coil hose became extremely difficult to remove. The quick connect ring just did not want to push in. Finally got it removed now time to winterize and I can’t get the male connection on the hose to go back into the spray port. Used silicone spray overnight. No improvement. Disassembled the quick connect (ring, spring,two retainer clips etc) I can see the female pics the hose should fit in but it just won’t push in far enough to grab the neck of the male end.
Any suggestions? Camping World did not have the spray port part. Mine is original equipment.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Consider contact D&W Inc (574-264-9674) to see if they have any ideas. I can't say if they are Heartland's supplier, but I see they sell this stuff on their website.

On edit:
I fell down the Internet rabbit hole looking at these things and getting ideas of my own. Came across this - could be helpful for you.
Google ChromeScreenSnapz380.jpg

Mht

Consider contact D&W Inc (574-264-9674) to see if they have any ideas. I can't say if they are Heartland's supplier, but I see they sell this stuff on their website.

On edit:
I fell down the Internet rabbit hole looking at these things and getting ideas of my own. Came across this - could be helpful for you.
View attachment 55453

Thanks for this suggestion. I’ll try it tomorrow. We just lubed the spray port and did not tap it.

Mht

Thanks for this suggestion. I’ll try it tomorrow. We just lubed the spray port and did not tap it.

I used a hammer and flat end punch of appropriate size and tapped the stuck valve. It opened finally. Thanks for the great suggestion. It fixed it.

jbeletti

I used a hammer and flat end punch of appropriate size and tapped the stuck valve. It opened finally. Thanks for the great suggestion. It fixed it.

You're quite welcome. Proves the power of this forum. Tell all your Heartland friends about this place :)