Outside Shower Quick Connect Not Connecting

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
I have a 2014 Key Largo with the quick connect outside shower hose. Has anyone had a problem connecting the hose to the connection in the UDC? Mine will not connect no matter how hard you try. The hose has the male connection and the female end is mounted in the UDC with the hot and cold handles. I slide the outer ring back on the female connection as far as it will go and the male end simply will not slide in. I even made sure there was no pressure on the lines to keep it from connecting. I am beginning to think that the way the female end is mounted in the UDC it may be keeping the outer ring from sliding back enough to accept the male end. Just wondering if anyone else has come across this before I start taking it apart.

Ricky

whp4262

I have a 2014 Key Largo with the quick connect outside shower hose. Has anyone had a problem connecting the hose to the connection in the UDC? Mine will not connect no matter how hard you try. The hose has the male connection and the female end is mounted in the UDC with the hot and cold handles. I slide the outer ring back on the female connection as far as it will go and the male end simply will not slide in. I even made sure there was no pressure on the lines to keep it from connecting. I am beginning to think that the way the female end is mounted in the UDC it may be keeping the outer ring from sliding back enough to accept the male end. Just wondering if anyone else has come across this before I start taking it apart.

Ricky

I had the same problem with mine. I took a small screwdriver, stuck it in the end of the female fitting and popped the handle with the palm of my hand to break it loose. The hose attached fine after that.

tboy

I had the same problem, I called the manufacture and they told me to take a blunt Phillips screwdriver and tap in in the center of the connection, this worked and with the valves off I sprayed a small amount of silicone spray in side the connection, never had a problem with it sense .

western

I am not familiar with the TT/RV style of quick disconnects, (being a new owner myself), but I use QD's on the job for air, fuels and the like. Almost all QD's will, "over time" need a shot of a lubricant such as Silicone spray as mentioned, WD-40, break free, or something cohesive to the environment your using.

ILH

I had the same problem, I called the manufacture and they told me to take a blunt Phillips screwdriver and tap in in the center of the connection, this worked and with the valves off I sprayed a small amount of silicone spray in side the connection, never had a problem with it sense .

I had the same issue - dealer resolved it. Knowing what I know now, it would have been an easy fix. At the time I was afraid of forcing it.