Outside shower

RuralPastor

Has anyone out there modified their outside shower? Ours burst (connection came loose on back) at 3 in the morning (yes, I was using a pressure regulator!) and I plugged it. I'm a little bashful about showering outside, and our kids are grown, so I'm thinking about removing the valve, hose, etc. Anyway, that hatch cover and space has me thinking about placing a storage compartment in their instead. Ever do something like that, or have any ideas? Thanks. Mark.

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
I've been thinking about installing a 12V water hose reel behing the outside shower door. I never used the outside shower on my other 5th wheel and doubt that I will use it on my new Key Largo. I don't pick up my new Key Largo until Jan. 3 but plan to look into the hose reel install then. Ken

ChopperBill

I feel the same way about the washing machine faucets. Dont have one and will never get one. What a PITA to winterize. Think I am going to cut the water lines that go to them from the basement and plug 'em.

jnbhobe

I cut out the water lines and the drain line and gained 6jn. of headroom in the basement and the out side shower may be next.

olcoon

After having water in the basement several times, and tracing it down to the outside shower, I put shut off valves on the back of the UDC, and did away with that problem. This is our first camper, and I thought that sometime in the future we might want to use it. Apparently the problem with the shower was that the valve on the shower head was somehow getting turned on, and water was coming out. Another time, the cold water valve somehow got turned on, I guess vibration did it.