Over capacity with 3500 srw

DocFather

I finally found what I want at Woodhouse in Blair NE. A 2015 3500 DRW with Aisin tranny 3.73 gears air ride rear suspension, This setup is rated for towing 23500 pounds I think that should do it, better to have more capacity than needed than not enough. It is a Laramie Longhorn with all the bells and wistels more than I needed but what the heck its only money and you cant take it with you.

That was our Senior High School play. I have always lived it, conservatively, but I am not sure there will be anything left to "leave" behind. LOL I am trying to time it so the last penny goes when they pull the plug. :mad: Sounds like a great purchase. :eek:

SilverRhino

I finally found what I want at Woodhouse in Blair NE. A 2015 3500 DRW with Aisin tranny 3.73 gears air ride rear suspension, This setup is rated for towing 23500 pounds I think that should do it, better to have more capacity than needed than not enough. It is a Laramie Longhorn with all the bells and wistels more than I needed but what the heck its only money and you cant take it with you.

The folks at Woodhouse are very good to work with. Dealership has been around for a long time.....my brother is still back home in Omaha and buys all his company vehicles from them.

Congratulations on your new truck....enjoy!

Travel Safe!

65aircooled

Congrats on the new truck. I was considering a DRW (really wanted one) but DW helped me put my feet back on the ground. I use my truck for work/dd and I drive thru toll roads on the daily basis, so the DRW would have driven the operating cost too much per year. The worst part is that I don't need a DRW so that was the DW final say. So she said, instead of the DRW, get one with leather, and so I did :)
It is my second CTD and I love it as much as the first one. We will be picking up a Big Country 3490BHS this coming weekend, have to drive about 3 hrs to go get it, and with that, I think it'd be about as big as I would go with the SRW Ram. I'll take you some time to get used to the urea consumption, specially towing that big ol' trailer, but all that would be compensated with the power band of the new rig.
Post some pics of your new set up so we all can drool over it.

lwmcguir

I think I would be overtaxing everything with my SRW 3500. Tires, rear bearings, tranny, and brakes. I had air bags put on rear axle but that is just a bandaid that will pass the buck onto something else breaking. There is also a liability on my part hauling a trailer way over my trucks capacity isn't there.

You aren't going to solve those issues other than tires unless you go on up to a 4500