Over night dry camping Alaska Highway

SueJean

I have made a POI file for over night dry camping on the Alaskan Highway from Dawson Creek to Whitehorse, YT., that I have compiled over the years.

I can also send a Google Earth .kml file to view in that free program if desired.

It was made with sites large enough for my BH 5th and just an over night stop over. It also has a few sani dump locations along the way.

Email me (make sure to put in your email address in the text, Heartland forum lets me reply otherwise but no attachments so I will need to use email direct outside the forum) if you have use for the file. It was updated this October 2010 on a trip back to AK.

I do have the RV launching frost heaves marked in another file, about 120 miles of them in Google Earth, Garmin or GPX.

Hi,

We're planning a trip to AK this summer also and would love to have any information that you're willing to share for Google Earth.

Thanks for sharing! My email is SueJean.Heinz@gmail.com.

Blessings!

SueJean, DannyLee & Ariela Grace

AKGUY47

Hello everyone, I currently live in Wasilla Alaska for the last 13 years. Anyone planning a trip to Alaska is more than welcome to contact me for information about this great state. ( akguy47@yahoo.com )There are things you will want to have on hand to make your trip more enjoyable i.e. bug dope, the candles don't work. Joe

flg8rgirl

Hello,

My family has lived in Eagle River the last five years and we just took a round trip to Michigan this year to pick up our new rig. We left March first and drove straight with only two sleepovers on the return trip in 7 days. The road travel was great for that time of the year (March 1st)...my only suggestion to anyone coming up is not to travel the road between Fort Nielson and Whitehorse for a first timer at night, especially with a big rig. It can be a little spooky with the mountains and cliffs but the major concern for us was the wildlife. Bison was laying on the road (it was so cool), Caribou herds and Moose everywhere. Steep terrain and a bunch of tight turns. I have traveled to a lot of places and seen a lot of things, but never something as beautiful as the Alcan.

mlburst1

Please send the Garmin & Google Earth files to mlburst1 at gmail dot com - we will be spending next summer in Alaska.

Thanks,

Mike

SueJean

We took our BH 3670 to AK in 2009. We kept a journal that you might find helpful and enjoyable. There are photo and en route videos as well as a journal of our experiences.

http://alaska.mpandgp.com

We had such a great time that we're returning again this summer.

Hey George & Maureen!

I wanted to say "Thanks" for all of the work you put into your blog. As we're getting ready to head "north to Alaska" (hear the music? ;)), it was really encouraging to read about your adventures.

Blessings,

SueJean & DannyLee

Last edited:

jimtoo

Hi DouglasDH,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I think there is a link to the information your asking for, not sure they will send it to you....What kind of unit do you have now and when are you planning on departing?

Your name is interesting,, do you sell java?

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M