oversize trailer tires

Buz

I'm a new member and don't know if i'm posting this in the right area or not. My question is: We recently purchased a 33 and a half foot 2011 Heartland Big Country and I'm having some tire issues. I had several issues with the stock tires that came with the rig and need to replace tires. The manufacture calls for and supplied st235/80R-16E Power King, Tow max. These tires are crap. Any ideas on a more substational tire or will St235/85R-16 fit the rig.

jimtoo

Hi Buz,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

You will get lots of opinions on the tires from our family members. A lot of folks have gone to the LT tires without any problems.

Enjoy the forum and your Big Country.

Jim M

And I am moving this to the correct area. You will automatically be redirected to it.

GOTTOYS

I'm a new member and don't know if i'm posting this in the right area or not. My question is: We recently purchased a 33 and a half foot 2011 Heartland Big Country and I'm having some tire issues. I had several issues with the stock tires that came with the rig and need to replace tires. The manufacture calls for and supplied st235/80R-16E Power King, Tow max. These tires are crap. Any ideas on a more substational tire or will St235/85R-16 fit the rig.
I have a BC 3250. I installed a set of B.F. Goodrich Commercial TAs. They are a LT branded tire. In over 11,000 miles I haven't had any problems and would do it again in a second. My axle weight is around 8,800# when loaded so I have plenty of reserve capacity....Don

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
If you are planning on sticking with an ST E rated tire, the Maxxis 10ply MT8008 has a very good track record. I have no experience with Hankook but they have been getting some good press with RV'ers with their F19 tire.

lwmcguir

We have quite a few Hankook's mostly 10 ply, due to not being able to get American made locally. They have held up very well.

MC9

Replaced my tow max with Firestone Transforce HT in 245 75 16. I needed the same diameter. The 235's are usually an inch bigger.

lesjack7

I replaced my stock 235 80r 16 power king tires before my first trip with the unit. I installed bridgstone duravis R250 tires at a cost of around 1300 canadian. The new tires are 235 85 R16 and they are a about 1 inch taller than the original tires. The unit tows much better and has no fishtailing as they are a ribbed truck tire. These tires are rated for 99mph instead of the stock tires rated at 65 mph. They also have steel sidewalls and better carrying capacity. They are not chinese tires either. I have also had good success with the transforce Ht truck tires but got a better deal on the bridgestones this time. Hope to have no more tire issues. The bridgestones also have extra rubber on the sidewalls to protect the rims if you rub on the curb. LJ

gasman

Camp Socializer
We went with the Goodyear G614 load range G in a 235 85 R16. They fit just fine. I'm not sure of the speed rating but 65 is plenty fast enough for me.

tmcran

I've excellent results with the MAXXIS tires. Used them on two RV's never a problem. Rated 65,MPH. I don't drive 99,MPH. So don't need that rating

scotty

Measure the distance from center of front wheel dust cover to center of rear wheel dust cover. If you measure 34 1/2 or greater you're good to go. My early 06 BH has 33" spacing :confused:and when I tried 235 tires it left less than 1" space and I didn't feel comfortable with that so I went with Maxxis 235 x 80 x 16 E rated. Dang,:mad: I wanted those Goodyear G614 235 x 85 RST. I'm pretty sure the newer Heartlands have the wider spacing.