Partial Frozen lines. Where is the connection point? Need help

Rudy415

Hi all - I've been reading the frozen lines posts as we've have very cold single digit temps this weekend in Oklahoma. Im hooked I into city water and all insulated and its working. I have the Yeti heaters and heated lines on my Road Warrior. I have frozen lines in the hot and cold water in the kitchen. Then the aft toilet and sink are frozen up to. I don't know enough about how this plumbing works to find the lines to unthaw and wrap the lines. I have the floor heat on, space heaters and a 110 reflector plugged in in the basement. Any clues are appreciated? Thank you!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Hi all - I've been reading the frozen lines posts as we've have very cold single digit temps this weekend in Oklahoma. Im hooked I into city water and all insulated and its working. I have the Yeti heaters and heated lines on my Road Warrior. I have frozen lines in the hot and cold water in the kitchen. Then the aft toilet and sink are frozen up to. I don't know enough about how this plumbing works to find the lines to unthaw and wrap the lines. I have the floor heat on, space heaters and a 110 reflector plugged in in the basement. Any clues are appreciated? Thank you!

One of the keys to keep things from freezing is to keep the heater (furnace) running as that is where the basement gets its heat from. Another thing to do is to insulate any lines that protrude through the coroplast under the RV such as any low point or tank drains. Also look on this forum for water line diagrams. I think they are under the tools tab manuals.

danemayer

Take a look at page 6 of the Water Systems Guide.
http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/?man=User Guides

The diagram approximates what you have.

The water lines further from the furnace are usually first to freeze.

You may have air leaks in the underbelly toward the rear and I don't know that the garage floor has much if any insulation.

You also may have a problem with placement of the 2" duct that's stubbed into the underbelly. While it protects the water lines some, if placed poorly it won't help much at all. And in any case may not protect into mid or low single digits. For that you would be better off putting heat tape and insulation on the frozen lines, or adding skirting.

Take a look at our Winter Usage Guide.
http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/?man=User Guides

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD