Do I need a winterizing kit

Ridges

2017 T31 TT. This is the set up for my water pump and plumbing on the HWH. I was just going to blow the pipes out with a compressor to winterize it but may also consider pumping some AF into the lines. I have a value on the intake side of the pump (3rd and 4th photo) and a hose to pump AF into the system with but I don’t know if I need to retrofit a valve kit onto the HWH lines. It looks like there is a value to shut off the flow of water into the HWH on the cold water side (2nd Photo). Can I just close that value and pump AF in.

Attachments

• IMG_0112.JPG
    IMG_0112.JPG
    678.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0113.JPG
    IMG_0113.JPG
    632.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0115.JPG
    IMG_0115.JPG
    554.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0117.JPG
    IMG_0117.JPG
    582.2 KB · Views: 25

danemayer

I think you have the new type of bypass valves for the water heater; one at top and one at bottom. The valve near the pump is probably for an antifreeze intake line.

danemayer

There is just one value on the plumbing on the back of the HWH, the one you see at the bottom.
It could be there's just one valve. When it goes to bypass mode, the cold water would go up the crossover and through the hot lines. There would be a check valve on the hot water outlet preventing the bypass water from entering the water heater.